PDA

View Full Version : Newport Landing or Daveys Locker for a 1/2 Day

FishBalls
06-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Thinking about taking my Dad on a Half Day Trip sometime next week. What would be the best time of day? Should we go to Newport Landing or Daveys Locker? Any tips on line, weight and rigs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

pogieeh
06-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Just went to daveys locker on a 3/4 trip on the freelance and had a bad experience. I would go off long beach and not oc. But if you insist you can try Newport landing but stay away from dl.

Jig-Guy
06-25-2012, 05:02 PM
I would go to Long Beach Sport Fishing Pier 55 or Pierpoint Landing Long Beach. The other question about line & rigs! Where will you be fishing and what for? The landings can help you out with that information call them. JG

I have fished the landings in oc and will not go back. The traffic to get down to the landings in npb both ways is not fun, then parking! I have fished both the landings in Long Beach and enjoyed them way better. Long Beach Sport Fishing easy parking & free. I liked fishing the Liberty with comfortable bunks and clean restrooms (old guy's need comfort). IMHO

KaliDawgFan
06-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Newport Landing does 1/2 day and Davey's Locker does 3/4. I think they're owned by the same people now.

FishBalls
06-25-2012, 06:04 PM
I have tickets my wife bought that are good at either. I am leaning towards Newport Landing.

FishBalls
06-25-2012, 06:06 PM
I have to do OC on this trip on account of some passes I got as a gift. I would like a Halibut - but don't think that's gonna happen. I usually shore fish and have pretty good luck on Big Hammers and Gulp. What is biting right now?