PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fish Silver Lake in Barstow? Info needed

LuckyCraft420
06-25-2012, 01:58 PM
So I have a good friend that has very minimal fishing experience. He moved out to Barstow a few months ago, and since there is nothing to do out there and the lake is close by, he picked up fishing. He says he's been going 2-3 times a week with no luck. So I decides to go out there next weekend to teach him some basics (tieing knots, bait selection, what gear to use, etc). I just want to make sure I can put him on some fish, so we can both have a good time. Anyone know what parts of the lake to focus on? Are they stocking anything? And what size fish does the lake hold (I just want to take 1 tackle box, not all 3)? Thank you in advance.

larry626
06-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Silver lake is like a puddle. Get tiny hooks and try to get the smaller fish. The best action is the northern most point. I don't know if there's any fish in there this time of the year as the heat makes the lake smaller. I'm not kidding when I say puddle.

So I have a good friend that has very minimal fishing experience. He moved out to Barstow a few months ago, and since there is nothing to do out there and the lake is close by, he picked up fishing. He says he's been going 2-3 times a week with no luck. So I decides to go out there next weekend to teach him some basics (tieing knots, bait selection, what gear to use, etc). I just want to make sure I can put him on some fish, so we can both have a good time. Anyone know what parts of the lake to focus on? Are they stocking anything? And what size fish does the lake hold (I just want to take 1 tackle box, not all 3)? Thank you in advance.

LuckyCraft420
06-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Really? My buddy was saying its about 400 yards by 100 yards

Nessie Hunter
06-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Are you talking the Silver Lakes in Helendale???
If so its private for residents and guests only!!

LuckyCraft420
06-26-2012, 10:48 AM
That's probably it. My buddy said its right outside his house, so he is a resident.

Nessie Hunter
06-26-2012, 07:36 PM
That's probably it. My buddy said its right outside his house, so he is a resident.

Does he live in Helendale (south of Barstow on old rt 66)???

Ill re-send that PM.... :-)

LuckyCraft420
06-26-2012, 08:13 PM
He lives on lake view dr. It's outside his front door. I don't know how much more of a resident he could be haha

Nessie Hunter
06-27-2012, 10:23 AM
He lives on lake view dr. It's outside his front door. I don't know how much more of a resident he could be haha

LOL.. Yep that runs around the North (larger) lake...