PDA

View Full Version : Trout @ Lake Perris?

Tony A
06-24-2012, 10:33 PM
So, I was fishing for bass this evening and all of a sudden a bad %&^! trout hit my worm. I nailed em' off the dam (between the first ramp and the second one. Biggest and I think the only trout that size I'll ever hit at Lake Perris.

fishmounter
06-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Cool! You got a "holdover" Rainbow that live in the deep water next to the dam. Some guys will deep troll back and forth along the dam in the lake's deepest waters where the water is colder for these larger sized trout.

HawgStalker
06-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Nice looking Rainbow! You must have been like WTF!? Lol

Nice pic!

jmsgofish
06-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi Tony, this is Jonathan. It was nice to meet you out there last night. Way to go on that nice holdover! What a surprise, eh?

tagg27
06-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Nice fish...I bet he put up a hell of a fight...Congrats

CrownTown
06-25-2012, 05:43 PM
A few years a go my dad and I caught hold overs on purple 6" robos tubin by the dam. Haven't tried that area since but after your report, may have to try. Way to go man!

d1LedHed
06-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Nice catch!

They have been catching some big "hold overs" in the marina at night fishing the bottom in 20 FOW. Also they have been catching crappie up to 14". Not sure what they were using - lures or bait.

Tony A
06-26-2012, 07:05 AM
Hi Tony, this is Jonathan. It was nice to meet you out there last night. Way to go on that nice holdover! What a surprise, eh?
Hey, lol whats up John!! Nice chatting the other day. This catch will definetely be a nice story to tell one day...specially when I caught him right after our "trout" conversation. Yep, it was a pleasant surprise cause I wasn't expecting my catch to be a trout. Well, see you at the lake!

Tony A
06-26-2012, 07:09 AM
A few years a go my dad and I caught hold overs on purple 6" robos tubin by the dam. Haven't tried that area since but after your report, may have to try. Way to go man!
Thanks a lot and your welcome.... I wasn't fishing for trout but I had to post this. This catch was fun and unexpected.

Tony A
06-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Nice looking Rainbow! You must have been like WTF!? Lol

Nice pic!

Thanks, those were my EXACT words when I saw him..lol

GdHkSet1
06-27-2012, 10:40 PM
WTG on that beautful holdover.

carpanglerdude
06-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Nice work! I've seen one other come out of that region at this time year in the past, on a bass lure too

FSHNLIC
06-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Nice looking holdover!!! Used to get bows like that at castaic before the striper infestation.. haha

blackberg
06-29-2012, 01:21 AM
nice, caught one like that trolling last father's day (last year)
-bb

oldschoolfishin'
11-04-2012, 09:09 AM
i understand that trout will be planted this next week. i'm new to perris lake, as of this last spring/summer working for bass. i only fish with artificials, i e spinners, and flies. what will work for trout, and stripers? i fish from my float tube, and appreciate any and all help in this fishery. i have fresh, and salt water patterns, both small, and large fly rods from 4 to 9 wt. i am a veteran fly fisherman with a "B" skill level after 40+ yrs of fishing. i almost always catch some fish, but there are lots of more highly skilled anglers than i. any, and all help would be welcomed.