PDA

View Full Version : fishing at mile square 6/24/12

bigboy714 love to fish
06-24-2012, 10:00 PM
went fishing to mile square to do some carp fishing went pretty good caught 5 lost 3 had a great day with my friend and cant wait to go back :Smile:

Carptain_Bao
06-24-2012, 10:07 PM
killed em again didnt u. nice catch!

wrestlefish
06-25-2012, 06:56 AM
throw em back? Great job out there. What did you use for bait?

bigboy714 love to fish
06-25-2012, 09:36 AM
i used tortilla as bait

wrestlefish
06-25-2012, 09:53 AM
i used tortilla as bait

did you keep them or throw them back?

bigboy714 love to fish
06-25-2012, 11:01 AM
no i dont keep them

Fysher
06-25-2012, 11:05 AM
congrats on the carps. There are some monster bruisers cruising at that Lake. Dough and tortilla seems to get them all the time =0) Great fighting fish on light tackle.

wrestlefish
06-25-2012, 11:50 AM
congrats on the carps. There are some monster bruisers cruising at that Lake. Dough and tortilla seems to get them all the time =0) Great fighting fish on light tackle.

Any idea how to hook up the tortilla? It always falls off the hook when i try.

Fysher
06-25-2012, 12:12 PM
i use the flour tortilla so it's a little chewier than the corn ones and stays on better. I just basically tear a piece off and hook it through once. I use a size 6 gamakatsu bait holder hook. I only use tortillas for carp when they are feeding on the top. Other wise, it's dough bait. I usually head to the spot where others are feeding ducks with bread. The bread will break up and make a good chum area. Sometimes you will be able to see the carps come up and slurp the bread up. That's when I'll flyline the piece of tortilla, cast out, wait for carp to come up and then set the hook and hold on =0) I might have to hit up MSP this week because I'm only a couple minutes away. If I do, I'll report on how I did.

wrestlefish
06-25-2012, 12:32 PM
i use the flour tortilla so it's a little chewier than the corn ones and stays on better. I just basically tear a piece off and hook it through once. I use a size 6 gamakatsu bait holder hook. I only use tortillas for carp when they are feeding on the top. Other wise, it's dough bait. I usually head to the spot where others are feeding ducks with bread. The bread will break up and make a good chum area. Sometimes you will be able to see the carps come up and slurp the bread up. That's when I'll flyline the piece of tortilla, cast out, wait for carp to come up and then set the hook and hold on =0) I might have to hit up MSP this week because I'm only a couple minutes away. If I do, I'll report on how I did.

I might be up there Friday after work so we will see what happens