PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Trip: June 20-23

fishnfreak1966
06-24-2012, 03:29 PM
:Big Grin: I have been a long time reader and decided to join all the folks who take the time to give great fishing reports and info for all of us fellow fishermen to learn from. Thank You!

Just got back from a great trip up the mountain to the Bishop Creek area with my wife. Stayed at Bishop Creek Lodge for three nights; hit South Lake, Intake II and headed north up to Saddlebag Lake for a morning session. My wife out fished me limiting out 5 to my 2 before spending the rest of the day in beautiful Yosemite National Park. The wind was blowing pertty good everyday but managed to get out on the water most mornings before it became to bad. No size to speak of but I did find the Browns at Intake II. They were small 10 - 14'' on average, but very agressive and fun to catch. I caught over 20 Browns on the fly - bubble, size #20 masquito did the damage. The rest of my trout were on grass hopper colored mini jigs, Pink Trout King worms and Red Berkley Trout worms. Ended up with 48 trout all were released. Lost a nice one but thats just a fish story know. Dont have any pics downloaded but I will learn to do that soon. Thanks for letting me share my love for fishing and the Sierras with all you great people. Until next time!

dennis boatman
06-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip. We are headed to Bishop all the way from Morrisville, Missouri in two weeks. Can't wait.

sierraslam
06-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Nice report and trip! Nice job getting the Browns on the fly and bubble. Most people on this forum have class, just not unreal toad. Unreal Jackass! sorry about these types.

teejay
06-26-2012, 04:41 PM
The mosquito or Adams fly works really good on Sierra lakes. The smallest that I’ve used though is a #16. Nice report.

fishnfreak1966
07-07-2012, 09:25 PM
I cant wait to here from your report to the Sierras.