PDA

View Full Version : Carp haters check this out!!

luis montes
06-22-2012, 09:37 PM
What's up guys, I caught this beauty, I caught him on green lip mussle boilies, I was fighting him for ever!!! Anyone that wants to carp fish with me is more than welcome, ill make sure you guys have a blast, once you carp you never go back!!!!

angelsfan951
06-22-2012, 09:44 PM
wow u have a nice series of great catches.. where do u usually fish at ? i would like to learn how to catch those beast. i have never had any luck with carp

TUNAVIC
06-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Wow thats amazing! I don't know what impresses me more your catch our your generous offer to fish with you,I totally commend you for making that offer.
We sure need more of that kind of attitude,I know theres alot of cool generous guys on this site,but with that said you don't see to many post's that end with anyone of you guys is welcome to fish with me,(yes including mine)very cool Bro!

Cya Tuna Vic

Ifishtoolittle
06-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Hell yeah! That is a beast of a carp! WTG!

luis montes
06-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys, and for sure angelsfan, anytime bro, same goes for you Tunavic, and everyone else that wants to join, my pleasure

DockRat
06-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Awesome Carp there. WTG
DR

luis montes
06-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Thanks Dockrat!!!

white belt
06-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Nice carp again! I'm no expert at eye balling weight but that thing looks 15+, probably 20+!

Fysher
06-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Damn, hella of a carp beast you got there. Carp on light tackle is always awesome. miss fishing MN for some of those huge carps. Might have to wet a line for those one of these days. Haven't been carping for a long time

luis montes
06-23-2012, 02:14 PM
15 probably 20? LOL!!! you need to calibrate your eye ball!!

luis montes
06-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Send me a pm when you ready bro!!

Carptain_Bao
06-23-2012, 02:25 PM
That's a monster, I guess that's a 30lber
Just one question: do u chum before u fish or not?
Maybe I'll pm u for some carp fishing one day.
Again,congrats on that catch!

OC ANGLER
06-23-2012, 02:29 PM
things a beast ! carp are fun to catch .. good fight .. last one I got was a 8lb on my ultralight and 2lb test ... good 15minute fight bringing him in

M@M
06-23-2012, 02:30 PM
WOW!!! How big is that thing???

luis montes
06-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks man, I apreciated, I do Chumm, if you don't Chumm its hard to land them, but make sure that you Chumm 4 to 5 hours before you fish for them, and use different particles, don't just Chumm the same, mix it up, and make sure you cast right where you chummed prior to fishing!! And get ready a crazy battle, always carry a net with you, and when you catch one don't let him bounce around the ground, they are way more sensitive than lmb

Carptain_Bao
06-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks man, I apreciated, I do Chumm, if you don't Chumm its hard to land them, but make sure that you Chumm 4 to 5 hours before you fish for them, and use different particles, don't just Chumm the same, mix it up, and make sure you cast right where you chummed prior to fishing!! And get ready a crazy battle, always carry a net with you, and when you catch one don't let him bounce around the ground, they are way more sensitive than lmb

Thanks for the response. Those rules are stupid bout the no chumming part. It doesn't make sense because it's way too hard to catch carp without chumming. Nice to know that. I've been carp fishing for ten yeard in China but haven't had any luck in SoCal. guess gotta chum some to get those big boys.

luis montes
06-23-2012, 04:30 PM
What do you do with the carp?

Carptain_Bao
06-23-2012, 04:56 PM
What do you do with the carp?

I don't chum,I make my own dough baits. Although I haven't caught any carp this year, if I do I ll take a few 2-3lber home, large ones CPR like always

luis montes
06-23-2012, 06:00 PM
oh ok!! if you use dough balls there is no need to chumm then, you should be good, i thought you was fishing with corn

wrestlefish
06-23-2012, 10:55 PM
oh ok!! if you use dough balls there is no need to chumm then, you should be good, i thought you was fishing with corn

may i tag along with you sir?? :) PM sent

Cartman
06-24-2012, 08:59 AM

I appreciate your going into detail about carp fishing, Luis. So, if you chumm, do you chumm the same bait you fish with, and if not, what do you throw down? Also, you told Bao that if he uses dough baits there is no need to chumm. Why is that?

Marley
06-24-2012, 09:11 AM
WOW, NICE fish! 30 or better I would think. Those fish are so strong and so much fun on light tackle.
"Green lip mussel boilies?" I'm thinking that sounds pretty tasty! Do you pretty much always use boilies?
Thanks for sharing,

Carptain_Bao
06-24-2012, 05:29 PM

Just tied up some hair rigs for my boilies. The dough bait is as small as the boilies,I don't see how chum wouldn't be necessary tho.

luis montes
06-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey Cartman, Bao13, if the dough breaks up in the water after a few minutes thats pretty much chumm, and if it doesn't break up that means the consistency of the dough is too hard to break up, and it won't leave a cloud of scent of the kind of flour you are using for the dough balls, but I don't use dough much, because carp can eat so much dough before they get tired of it and full of it, they have maybe just 2 or 3 tastes, but when you Chumm with different particles you keep them entertained around you hook bait until bammmmmm!! And wrestlefish I got your messege bro is a 10 4!

luis montes
06-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Yeah I always use boilies, that way smaller carp won't take it, and using can corn is a big pain in the @@s, like I say smaller ones will get to it before the big ones, so sometime what I do is make some sweetcorn boilies, you know what I mean?? Like making a giant corn pretty much. Ohhhh and I forgat who asked for the weight of the carp, it scaled at 36.08

aperez3523
06-24-2012, 09:54 PM
36 lbs?! Damn! That's a monster! I just looked up making boilies and you put in some work to catch those monsters bro! Pretty damn impressive! I can't even imagine what kind of fight a fish that big would put up! Good job man!
Take care and keep catching those beasts!
Alex

Carptain_Bao
06-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Hey Cartman, Bao13, if the dough breaks up in the water after a few minutes thats pretty much chumm, and if it doesn't break up that means the consistency of the dough is too hard to break up, and it won't leave a cloud of scent of the kind of flour you are using for the dough balls, but I don't use dough much, because carp can eat so much dough before they get tired of it and full of it, they have maybe just 2 or 3 tastes, but when you Chumm with different particles you keep them entertained around you hook bait until bammmmmm!! And wrestlefish I got your messege bro is a 10 4!
true. i ll try the combo with both dough and boilies.
the dough bait ppl usually make is the sweet type. in my case i prefer those mussle or anchovie flavor ones.

luis montes
06-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Yeah bro, they put up a fight that you won't soon forget, and thanks man, I apreciated

luis montes
06-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Mussle ones are really good, but in my opinion anchovie will get you alot of catfish

Skyler
06-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Nice fish. Just hope the warden doesn't catch you chumming. That is a fine you definitely don't want.

DarkShadow
06-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Nice fish. Just hope the warden doesn't catch you chumming. That is a fine you definitely don't want.

I've learned that if you get caught chumming illegally, tell them that you're feeding the ducks and you just happen to have a fishing rod on you.

:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUCKET BRIGADE REPRESENT!!!

http://s13.postimage.org/h741ezw3n/BUCKET.png

www.bucketbrigadeer.com (http://www.bucketbrigadeer.com)
Chasing stocking trux and bustin capz. That's how we roll!

luis montes
06-25-2012, 02:38 PM
LOL that's right Darkshadow!!! You know the drill:LOL:

LuckyCraft420
06-25-2012, 03:24 PM
I like that dark side hahah. What do you tell a warden that walks up behind you as your shooting rocks with a wrist rocket in the general direction of a cormorant? I've been trying to think of a justification for it, but nothing has come to me. I hate the cormorants during trout season. And before people start getting mad about the safety of a fish snatching bird, I can hit an apple off the top of your head with my wrist rocket. I've never hit a bird, I just try to scare them away from my fishing area.

Skyler
06-25-2012, 03:30 PM
I like that dark side hahah. What do you tell a warden that walks up behind you as your shooting rocks with a wrist rocket in the general direction of a cormorant?

Only one thing you can say, "Be gentle."

LuckyCraft420
06-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Haha, that's what I figured. I tend to be as careful as possible with it. Not using it in front of others, only using it when the cormorants get too close, and always give a good look around before pulling it out. Only if cotton balls had a little more weight to them... Someone needs to come up with some sort of sound device that scares them away. Like a dog whistle that birds can't stand.

DarkShadow
06-25-2012, 03:59 PM
... Someone needs to come up with some sort of sound device that scares them away.

Usually this does the trick:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1351/52263.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LuckyCraft420
06-25-2012, 04:10 PM
No thanks. I heard what happen to the guy shooting cormorants at Carr park with his 22. Didn't end well for him. Plus decomposing bird carcasses in the water is only going to add to the already polluted waters in OC.

DarkShadow
06-25-2012, 04:37 PM
No thanks. I heard what happen to the guy shooting cormorants at Carr park with his 22. Didn't end well for him. Plus decomposing bird carcasses in the water is only going to add to the already polluted waters in OC.

Well, you can claim that you're part of a neighborhood task force and you were just Standing Your Ground when the bird tried to attack you. Make sure you punch yourself in the face so that you have evidence of the attack.

Plus, I know plenty of people that would eat a delicious cormorant.

As my grandfather once told me, "If you can eat a carp, you can eat a cormorant."

LuckyCraft420
06-25-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't even eat cat fish, so I doubt cormorants or carp will be on my dinner table haha

Skyler
06-25-2012, 09:23 PM
I'd eat a cormorant. But then again, I also eat opossum, crows, and ground squirrels. Basically if it holds still long enough and fits in my mouth, it's dinner. I'll tell you what though, carp tastes like halibut after a coyote loin.

carpanglerdude
06-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Skyler, how do you like to cook your carp?

DarkShadow
06-25-2012, 11:26 PM

I'm more interested on how he cooks his coyote loins.

www.bucketbrigadeer.com (http://www.bucketbrigadeer.com/)

LuckyCraft420
06-26-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm more interested on how he cooks his coyote loins.

That's what I was thinking. Just got home from a great ninja session. Debating whether I want to take the time to post about it or not

Skyler
06-26-2012, 08:26 AM

I remove the red may on the lateral line, soak it in milk for a few hours, then marinate it in terriyaki. Bake it at 350, add some sriracha, and enjoy. Great flavor. Just eat around the bones.

DarkShadow
06-26-2012, 08:52 AM
I remove the red may on the lateral line, soak it in milk for a few hours, then marinate it in terriyaki. Bake it at 350, add some sriracha, and enjoy. Great flavor. Just eat around the bones.

And the coyote?

Skyler
06-26-2012, 01:01 PM
And the coyote?!

Troutman65's tritip marinade. That stuff makes everything taste good.