PDA

View Full Version : Lake San Antonio 6/2 -6/22

taylor31
06-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Committed last night to fishing catfish so I anchored in 35 feet near Harris and began soaking a variety of baits. We caught a few catfish but around 4:30 this morning a school of striper came throught and we head steady action on bait for about an hour then the bite died. All fosh were in the 9-10 pound range we kept 3 and let the rest swim. We actually saw a couple stripers on top swimming later around 10 when we were tossing lures, but could not get them to hit anything. The fish that we kept had some funky red blood filled eggs so I think they are still in spawn mode but with no moving water they are obsorbing or dropping there eggs either way I am hoping the bite will later soon since it is freezing out there at night. I don't know how to post pics from my phone so I'll post pics when I get to a computer. I am probably going again tonight.

cutbait
06-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Committed last night to fishing catfish so I anchored in 35 feet near Harris and began soaking a variety of baits. We caught a few catfish but around 4:30 this morning a school of striper came throught and we head steady action on bait for about an hour then the bite died. All fosh were in the 9-10 pound range we kept 3 and let the rest swim. We actually saw a couple stripers on top swimming later around 10 when we were tossing lures, but could not get them to hit anything. The fish that we kept had some funky red blood filled eggs so I think they are still in spawn mode but with no moving water they are obsorbing or dropping there eggs either way I am hoping the bite will later soon since it is freezing out there at night. I don't know how to post pics from my phone so I'll post pics when I get to a computer. I am probably going again tonight.

Good work Tim!

taylor31
06-23-2012, 08:45 AM
I did the same thing last night and had the same results. The bite died around 5:30 I fished till 7:30 and I only kept one fish a smaller 7/8 pound male that wouldn't revive after a long fight and deep hook, he had the same funky regress spawn deal going too.