PDA

View Full Version : Gvl

EfrenM
06-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Short report, I didn't work today so decided to head up for GVL midweek is always better not as crowded as the weekend. I arrived around 2 set up two rods for trout they were a bit small though i have my limit . After about an hour or so I set up one of the rod for LMB caught 11 in total catch n release the biggest one was around 5 lbs. The hour and a half ride is not that great but its always worth it. I posted some pictures of some of the LMB I caught today

angelsfan951
06-22-2012, 01:43 PM
way to go out there GVL is always a nice place to get away. i spoke to a local and he says theirs a HUGE Bass in the point right on the other side of the lake were u where fishing at.

EfrenM
06-22-2012, 08:31 PM
By the dam, but they are everywhere they are spawning right now so they are not very active

phishin phool
06-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the report, sounds like a killer day at a awesome lake. There are alot of smaller trout in there these days but they do include a few nice ones in the Jess Ranch stocks. I have fished there too many times to count and have never tried for bass, that might change next time. Did you say you caught em near the dam?

EfrenM
06-22-2012, 10:22 PM
I caught some by the dam but I usually walk around the entire lake and I catch bass in different spots. The last time I was there I saw they were catching some pretty big trout the biggest one I have caught was 6lbs. I'm heading over there tomorrow again and hopefully staying over till Sunday so hopefully it goes well

CPT. Kirk
06-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Nice catch thanks for the report and photos.