PDA

View Full Version : Fly fishing Gregory ballpark

SlayinRainbows
06-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Sorry if I'm getting carried away with the posts. Last time I was at Lake Gregory by the ballpark, I didn't catch anything. The whole time though I was watching the fish jump up to eat the bugs at the surface. I also noticed that ballpark is really shallow, I waded way out there and I was only up to my waist. I am about to pick up fly fishing. I'm buying a 9ft 5wt rod soon...and I just can't help but feeling, after the last time I was there and what I saw, that if I was using a dry fly over there by the ballpark, maybe if I got there really early on a weekday so it wouldn't be so crowded, that it would produce some freakin fish. Anybody tried that over by that area with any luck?

Skyler
06-21-2012, 08:49 PM
That lagoon is good for carp. If you want trout, hit the channel leading into it. A lot of dink crappie in the weeds there too.

white belt
06-21-2012, 08:55 PM
I've caught rainbows by the bank to the left and the browns towards the middle on power eggs. I also want to try fly fishing it once my hopper flies arrive from bps. Good luck to you!

SlayinRainbows
06-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah I have fallen victim to those little crappie before. Thanks for the advice guys.