PDA

View Full Version : Catfish at Legg?

zenmic
06-21-2012, 05:17 PM
I just saw on the DFG page that they planted catfish at Legg on the 10th of June? Can anyone verify that? On that note, any tips for catfish at Legg? Where, what rig, bait, etc? A friend of mine and his family (wife and two kids) are planning on going there Sunday and making a day of it. I hope to give them some ideas so the kids can have some fun. I plan on going there and breaking in my new 5wt, 9' fly rod and trying my luck on the crappie and bluegill there in the middle pond.

Thanks in Advance.

white belt
06-21-2012, 05:22 PM
I saw some dead ones so they are in there.

Thisfool
06-21-2012, 05:26 PM
I just saw on the DFG page that they planted catfish at Legg on the 10th of June? Can anyone verify that? On that note, any tips for catfish at Legg? Where, what rig, bait, etc? A friend of mine and his family (wife and two kids) are planning on going there Sunday and making a day of it. I hope to give them some ideas so the kids can have some fun. I plan on going there and breaking in my new 5wt, 9' fly rod and trying my luck on the crappie and bluegill there in the middle pond.

Thanks in Advance.

if dfg site says the fish went in they with most likely did go in. if they don't plant them they will post on the site that they dint or if the case may be put them some were else instead

SHOOTER2496
06-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Went out there yesterday and got skunked trying for cats' but caught bass, the bass are very agressive and chasing shad.

aperez3523
06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't think the 10th is accurate zenmic, since that was a Sunday. I was told by one of the older gentleman there that they stocked on Tuesday the 12th though. I've been there every day his week and I caught one cat on Monday, that guy had two and I gave him mine but I didn't see any caught on Tuesday or Wednesday. It gets fished out pretty quickly but if you get there a day or two after the stock it goes off! Last time I was there after a stock, guys were catching as soon as the bait hit the water. Feel free to PM me in you need any info...

zenmic
06-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Wow, so humans are worst that cormorant? Even with catfish? I thought the BIG thing around here are trout and bass. However, I will take any advice I can get. I am here to learn.

white belt
06-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Wow, so humans are worst that cormorant? Even with catfish? I thought the BIG thing around here are trout and bass. However, I will take any advice I can get. I am here to learn.

Nah my friend, the big thing around here is FREE.

zenmic
06-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Free? Oh that is right, not all the parking lots have inspecting/ticketing booths, and I have yet to see a game warden at Legg. Still any advice other for a student willing to learn?

Lakerfan160
06-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Yup, White Belt is right, theres a lot of people because its free unlike SFD or the PUDD. PLus theres no lifeguards that patrols the lake and give tickets for not having a license like SDF, so people go to legg lake :(