PDA

View Full Version : June 20 Catfish Stocking - Irvine Lake

VineVideos
06-21-2012, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV98C0UJc_8

Huge stocking of quality Catfish June 20 at Irvine Lake. Check it out !!

Perris_holic
06-21-2012, 05:06 PM
I wll be there this sunday on a rental boat with my wife and with some fresh mackerel, chicken livers, and night crawlers. Where do you guys suggest I fish to catch some cats. My first priority is cats but secondly I would like to target crappie or bluegill. Any suggestions for the crappie or bluegill. Thanks for any info

VineVideos
06-21-2012, 06:47 PM
I wll be there this sunday on a rental boat with my wife and with some fresh mackerel, chicken livers, and night crawlers. Where do you guys suggest I fish to catch some cats. My first priority is cats but secondly I would like to target crappie or bluegill. Any suggestions for the crappie or bluegill. Thanks for any info

Hopefully Jimmy or Kewly will respond do this. I'm just the camera guy. But I do know that there has been good catfishing in Woody's Cove as well as Boat Dock Cove. But my favorite is in Santiago Flats close to the trees on the north side. Catfishing typically is better in the evening. But lately it doesn't matter. Pretty much good fishing day and night.

Can't help you on the crappie or bluegill. When I catch those, generally it is an incidental catch.

Again, hopefully someone with much more local knowledge will respond. But I wish you well !!

Thanks !!

Danny Jackson

VineAssist
06-21-2012, 07:06 PM
The Catfish bite has been very good here in boat dock cove and in woodys cove. Flyling shrimp or Bite On Mackeral chunks has been the preferred method as of late. Also the spot Danny mentioned is really good. You are allowed to fish two rods at at a time here so Id bait on rod with Mackeral and the other with Shrimp.

For Bluegill I would suggest the West Shore and Santiago Flats anywhere there is brush. Stick with 2lb test line, a bobber and a mealworm and you should do well.

The Crappie bite has been good for anglers drifting Mini jigs and Maniac Minnows in 15-30ft of water. Once again light line has been the key to do the clearer than normal water.

Perris_holic
06-21-2012, 08:26 PM
So it looks like I will be trying santiago flats since there are both cats and bluegill there. So I will bring mealworms, fresh mack, and shrimp. Thanks so much for all the info guys.

VineVideos
06-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Enjoy the day with the Mrs. All very tasty varieties you are targeting. Catch a bunch !! And please let us know how you did.

DJ

troutdog
06-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Lots of solid stockers, congrats to 2Quick, Big Daddy, ProwlerTuber and Taper Steve for making cameo appearances! :Thumbs Up:

TD