PDA

View Full Version : Catfishing Day

Bogus14
06-21-2012, 09:46 AM
I've fished Corona Lake during night mostly, but never tried day fishing for Cats. Is it possible to get a few bites during the day? I know they are alot more active at night, just wanted to try something new. Any tips, advise would be appreciated. thanks.

CrownTown
06-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Last year I tubed during the day and did okay. Used worms about a foot and a half under a bobber under any shade provided by the trees. Lost way more fish than I landed, but if you use heavier line (I was using 6 lb test) you should be okay. May get talapia this way too

angelsfan951
06-21-2012, 02:36 PM
good luck out there. shore has been really dead so hopefully u have a boat or plan on renting one. if not almost 95% of the ppl on shore are getting a big ol skunk

Bogus14
06-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

HookedUptuber
06-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Bs on the skunks lol more productive at night around 9-10 pm but u really have to cast out far from the shore

Bogus14
06-25-2012, 11:00 AM
So I fished the day session at Corona on Saturday. Not a single bite until 1:30pm, I saw my Ugly Stick bend completely in half. I thought I was snagged on a tree or rock but when I picked up my rod the battle was on. Those Blues can definitely fight. After a brief battle, I landed a nice 8lb Blue cat. After that no more bites. That cat definitely made my day. I think I'll stick to night fishing from now on.

Perris_holic
06-25-2012, 12:05 PM
So I fished the day session at Corona on Saturday. Not a single bite until 1:30pm, I saw my Ugly Stick bend completely in half. I thought I was snagged on a tree or rock but when I picked up my rod the battle was on. Those Blues can definitely fight. After a brief battle, I landed a nice 8lb Blue cat. After that no more bites. That cat definitely made my day. I think I'll stick to night fishing from now on.
Were you on a boat or on the shore?

Bogus14
06-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Were you on a boat or on the shore?

I was on a boat. I covered the whole lake all morning, finally got bit around the rocky area by the dam.

Fysher
06-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I have had good results with the M&M combo during the daylight hours for catfish. Add scent to help you get on the bite. If you have a fish finder, try to find dips/holes in the lake. Those areas usually holds the kitties. If you can fish nights, it'll be better because the kitties are on the prowl for food.