PDA

View Full Version : Eisenhower or mile square

reelgurlzfish
06-20-2012, 12:01 PM
I see they are being stocked this week . Anyone ever have luck getting cats there ?

Fysher
06-20-2012, 03:16 PM
I've caught cats at both places. The tip on getting the cats is to make it the day they stock or the next, what day do they stock? Last time it was on Friday so a good guess would be Friday again but not 100% sure. Flyline a chunk of mackerel or use a 1/4 ounce slider with the carolina rig with about 1ft - 2ft leader with the M&M (Marsh mellow mealworm) combo. I fish Mile Square because I'm about 5 minutes away. Good luck out there

Forgot to add this: If you fish Mile Square for the kitties, they stock the little lake off of Euclid & Warner

reelgurlzfish
06-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the info! I am unfortunate to have a 8-5 job so can't get the cats the day or after they stock. I have to try fit leftovers on the weekend. I've done good at one laket wanted to try a different scene

smokehound
06-20-2012, 03:59 PM
I catch holdovers year round at both..

If you use larger hooks and bigger baits you can get those big holdovers

If you can get them, 3-inch live crayfish are great for the older wiser kitties that shun cut bait.

Catfish are actually smart like common carp... you gotta switch it up because those that get caught and released
Learn to associate that particular bait with danger. A lot of the older cats only want something alive as a result.

If you can slowly drag a lure without snagging you can catch a lot of catfish. Try that if everything else fails. You may get some nice bass too.

etucker1959
06-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the info! I am unfortunate to have a 8-5 job so can't get the cats the day or after they stock. I have to try fit leftovers on the weekend. I've done good at one laket wanted to try a different scene

Your in luck they won't stock till Friday, Sat will be prime time catfishing. Just a piece of advice, get there early and if the lake you chose is not happening BAIL On that lake and hit another one. Good luck and good fishing.

reelgurlzfish
06-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Stocking today? Well I'm going to a lake that I normally do good at so sounds even more promising ! Thanks for the info

etucker1959
06-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Stocking today? Well I'm going to a lake that I normally do good at so sounds even more promising ! Thanks for the info

I hope you don't mean Clark? It was too good today, they bite right out of the shute. An awful lot of catfish allready went home with alot of people today. I'm trying a different lake at 5:30 am. on Sat.

reelgurlzfish
06-23-2012, 12:04 PM
There is still fish in Clark today :-D

etucker1959
06-23-2012, 12:54 PM
There is still fish in Clark today :-D

Cool, I hope you caught some. I totally missed this morning, I went to Tri-city this morning and saw one catfish caught. I then went to Laguna lake and saw 3 catfish caught, ended up with a great big goose egg this morning. Before anyone hands me a handkerchief, I had a really good day at Clark yesterday and met a fellow FNN member who brought his family fishing and watched them have a very nice day.

reelgurlzfish
06-23-2012, 02:47 PM
I need to check out Laguna one day. Clark is two less catfish thanks to me. ..so far. And some less hungry that I farmed lol

etucker1959
06-23-2012, 03:48 PM
I need to check out Laguna one day. Clark is two less catfish thanks to me. ..so far. And some less hungry that I farmed lol

Good for you! My buddy fished Clark this morning and when I talked to him, he said " I only saw 3 catfish caught around me." So you did very well.

reelgurlzfish
06-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Was trying to post a pic. Didn't work :-P

wrestlefish
06-23-2012, 10:51 PM
went to Mile Square and fished the back lake for 3 cats. Nothing too big

reelgurlzfish
06-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Yesterday's catch. Today was even better.

wrestlefish
06-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Yesterday's catch. Today was even better.

congrats out there!!

LuckyCraft420
06-25-2012, 01:39 PM
I was at Eisenhower this passed Friday on my lunch break, about 4-5 hours after the stocking. I was surprised to see dfg was there as well. I just went to kill my hour lunch and walk the lake. I started talking to a very friendly older man, and asked why dfg was here. Apparently someone called them down due to a group of poachers. I'll leave specifics out so there isn't a race war on fnn (seen it happen before). But their were 2 men, with 3 teenage kids who apparently each caught there limits, through them into 2 big trash bags, and 1 of the men's wife drove the fish home while the guys went on catching more. I watched the dfg guy searching behind trees, in bushes, and even searched there cars, but didn't find the 2 big bags. They got lucky today, but I hope it catches up with them. Besides that group of 5, I only saw 3 fish caught during the 45 mins I was there. I did get a good laugh after work though. I left at 9pm, and drove by Eisenhower to see the same 5 guys sitting in the same spot. At this point they had been there for well over 9 hours if not longer, so there is no telling how many fish they took. But I decided to pull over and grab my work handcuffs. I put 1 of the rings in my front pocket as the other ring of the cuffs hung outside my pocket. I walked over and instantly they thought I was off duty police, so I kicked them out :)

On a good note, I've been ninja fishing a few times since the stockings and had good trips. All were safely released.

reelgurlzfish
06-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Argh! Poachers really chap my hide. Funny **** though that you kicked them out. Lol. Sad some people think they are excluded from the rules. Had a guy with his kids Saturday at Clark ask me if his kids needed a license. I reminded him if the limits too and he made a comment that they really don't care of people take more. Ignorance !

Fysher
06-25-2012, 02:53 PM
I was at Eisenhower this passed Friday on my lunch break, about 4-5 hours after the stocking. I was surprised to see dfg was there as well. I just went to kill my hour lunch and walk the lake. I started talking to a very friendly older man, and asked why dfg was here. Apparently someone called them down due to a group of poachers. I'll leave specifics out so there isn't a race war on fnn (seen it happen before). But their were 2 men, with 3 teenage kids who apparently each caught there limits, through them into 2 big trash bags, and 1 of the men's wife drove the fish home while the guys went on catching more. I watched the dfg guy searching behind trees, in bushes, and even searched there cars, but didn't find the 2 big bags. They got lucky today, but I hope it catches up with them. Besides that group of 5, I only saw 3 fish caught during the 45 mins I was there. I did get a good laugh after work though. I left at 9pm, and drove by Eisenhower to see the same 5 guys sitting in the same spot. At this point they had been there for well over 9 hours if not longer, so there is no telling how many fish they took. But I decided to pull over and grab my work handcuffs. I put 1 of the rings in my front pocket as the other ring of the cuffs hung outside my pocket. I walked over and instantly they thought I was off duty police, so I kicked them out :)

On a good note, I've been ninja fishing a few times since the stockings and had good trips. All were safely released.

I've seen the same at Centennial as well, catfish and trout. People catching their limits, calling their love-ones to come and pick up. Also seen a group of people, giving all their fish to one and individual and this individual rides his bike and takes the fish home, I could only imagine if DFG rolls up on him while biking with all those fish hahaha sooner or later, it will catch up with them. For my local lakes, I've noticed in the past 5 years that there are a lot more people poaching. Last time I was at MSP after the stocking on Friday, there was a group of anglers that were there before my bro got there at 7pm and were still there after we left at midnight. Could only imagine how many kitties where taken by them. No fish is worth your life but karma will catch up.

LuckyCraft420
06-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Unfortunately you can't change ignorance, only try to re-educate. I have no problem letting other peoples fish go for them. I'm a tall, intimidating looking guy so people tend to keep there mouth shut when I grab there stringers/ bucket. Though I did meet an older foreigner with a big pair of balls that tried to fight me after I released 3 LMB for him. I don't advice others do it though, I'm just really confident in my "problem solving skills" :).

wrestlefish
06-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately you can't change ignorance, only try to re-educate. I have no problem letting other peoples fish go for them. I'm a tall, intimidating looking guy so people tend to keep there mouth shut when I grab there stringers/ bucket. Though I did meet an older foreigner with a big pair of balls that tried to fight me after I released 3 LMB for him. I don't advice others do it though, I'm just really confident in my "problem solving skills" :).

Isn't it there right if they keep the bass? As long as they follow the fishing regulations and park rules? Not trying to start anything by any meens

LuckyCraft420
06-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Not when the lake is catch and release for bass... There are signs posted all over and that specific guy was fishing 20 feet away from 1 of the signs

etucker1959
06-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Just so every knows this HE FISHES WITH ME. Sorry bro I couldn't resist.

LuckyCraft420
06-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Just so every knows this HE FISHES WITH ME. Sorry bro I couldn't resist.

Yes, so if you catch Eric, make sure and release him or I'll do it for you! Hahaha. Good luck tomorrow in SD

reelgurlzfish
06-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Haha Tall and intimidating ? Bring it! I ain't scared lol ;)