PDA

View Full Version : June 16-18 Fishing Report

pc2mac
06-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Went up to Reno on Friday and on the way back we stopped by Virginia Lakes to try our luck. Beautiful weather, temps in the mid-70s and little wind. Didn't think we catch much at 1:30 in the afternoon when it is this warm but, my wife and I caught our limits in less then two hours. Nothing huge but, it was fun and perfect for pan frying. Nightcrawlers dipped in garlic was the bait of choice.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7231/7402903710_7a7f7e7d51_z.jpg

Stayed in Mammoth for two nights and it was in the 80s there. Fished at Lake Mary on Sunday and the lake was full of boats and most of them seem to go right over our lines. I guess the folks at the Marinas don't say anything to their customers about avoiding the shore fishermen.

Fishing was tough until most of the boats docked at around 1:00 and then the action picked up. Caught our limits again in about two hours despite the high temps. Made for a nice Father's Day! Again, nightcrawlers did the trick.

The next morning we tried Lake Mary again before we headed home but, the winds picked up making for tough fishing conditions. Caught one and then retreated to town for a quick bite before heading home.

dennis boatman
06-19-2012, 03:19 PM
We'll be there in a few weeks. Coming from Missouri. Can't wait!

Beancounter
06-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Made for a nice Father's Day!

Great way to spend a Father's Day.
Glad you had a nice one Amigo!

pc2mac
06-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Great way to spend a Father's Day.
Glad you had a nice one Amigo!

Thanks, looks like you also had a great time down in Bishop!

greg
06-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Excellent!!!

Little Virginia remains one of my favorite high Sierra destinations.

Boaters, especially those renting, don't have much common sense ...

pc2mac
06-20-2012, 09:32 AM
We'll be there in a few weeks. Coming from Missouri. Can't wait!

Hope you have a great trip!

pc2mac
06-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Excellent!!!

Little Virginia remains one of my favorite high Sierra destinations.

Boaters, especially those renting, don't have much common sense ...

Both the upper and lower Virginia lakes have always done well for me! When the leaves change color in the fall, the place is awesome.

sierraslam
06-20-2012, 09:58 AM
good to see you got some time on the water. Heading up that way Friday early. I'll have to stop by Virginia's for sure. Thanks for the report!

simijab
06-20-2012, 10:04 PM
I'll also be there for the fourth. Never been up there this time of year hate crowds and heat so I tend to go when the weather is crappy

pc2mac
06-20-2012, 10:32 PM
good to see you got some time on the water. Heading up that way Friday early. I'll have to stop by Virginia's for sure. Thanks for the report!

Good luck, you'll hit some gusty winds on Friday but the weather should good pretty good this weekend.

pc2mac
06-20-2012, 10:34 PM
I'll also be there for the fourth. Never been up there this time of year hate crowds and heat so I tend to go when the weather is crappy

Be prepared for big crowds on the 4th! Hope you'll are able to find free spot to fish!

simijab
06-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Be prepared for big crowds on the 4th! Hope you'll are able to find free spot to fish!

Yeah more of a family trip this time. I'll be fishing upper owens at exactly a hour before sunrise every morning