PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Stamp Question

fishing_freak
08-22-2007, 05:56 PM
i know u need a ocean stamp to fish on the boat but do u need one when u fish on the shore

CoffeaRobusta
08-22-2007, 06:08 PM
If you are fishing in the ocean south of Point Arguello you need an ocean enhancment stamp......unless you are fishing off a public pier, in which case you don't need a liscense at all.

ghetto dad
08-22-2007, 06:35 PM
If you are fishing in the ocean south of Point Arguello you need an ocean enhancment stamp......unless you are fishing off a public pier, in which case you don't need a liscense at all.

FINALLY!!!! SOMEONE who knows the stamp is for!!! most people think its a saltwater stamp and think that the license they have is for frshwater.....lol

Fish Dog
08-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Geeze! They're what, $4.20? Just buy one and you don't have to worry about it then. Skip the Starbucks one morning and you got it.

Troutman65
08-24-2007, 02:06 PM

FINALLY!!!! SOMEONE who knows the stamp is for!!! most people think its a saltwater stamp and think that the license they have is for frshwater.....lol

You can't buy the stamp with having bought the lic.

Tm65

sansou
08-24-2007, 02:32 PM

Tm65

TM65,

Wrong.

Read what CoffeaRobusta just said.

You would upset if you had to buy the stamps you need for NorCal fishing even though you only planned on fishing SoCal, and likewise, the NorCal anglers would be upset if they had to buy our enhancement stamp (funds are earmarked for SoCal fishery needs) even though they only fish up north. That's why the stamp exists. The legislature, via stamp revenue, is just trying to earmark & dedicate funds without taxing everyone around.

Troutman65
08-24-2007, 03:05 PM

Tm65

TM65,

Wrong.

You would upset if you had to buy the stamps you need for NorCal fishing even though you only planned on fishing SoCal, and likewise, the NorCal anglers would be upset if they had to buy our enhancement stamp (funds are earmarked for SoCal fishery needs) even though they only fish up north. That's why the stamp exists. The legislature, via stamp revenue, is just trying to earmark & dedicate funds without taxing everyone around.

Where is Point Arguelllo From Orange County ? North? When ever I have got my lic. I always get the ocean, 2 rod stamp. I thought one would need the ocean stamp in O.C. and in S.D.

Troutman65

ghetto dad
08-24-2007, 04:17 PM

Tm65

TM65,

Wrong.

Where is Point Arguelllo From Orange County ? North? When ever I have got my lic. I always get the ocean, 2 rod stamp. I thought one would need the ocean stamp in O.C. and in S.D.

Troutman65

ITS NOT AN OCEAN STAMP......YOUR LICENSE WITHOUT THAT STAMP IS STILL AN OCEAN LICENSE, JUST IN NORTHERN CALI WATERS!!! ITS AN "ENHANCEMENT" YOU KNOW, LIKE THE ONES YOU USE? :D AND YES, YOU DO NEED THE STAMP FOR OC AND SD...THATS SO CAL...ITS A "SO CAL" STAMP......peace

Troutman65
08-24-2007, 07:29 PM
[quote=CoffeaRobusta]If you are fishing in the ocean south of Point Arguello you need an ocean enhancment stamp......unless you are fishing off a public pier, in which case you don't need a liscense at all.

Tm65

TM65,

Wrong.

Troutman65

ITS NOT AN OCEAN STAMP......YOUR LICENSE WITHOUT THAT STAMP IS STILL AN OCEAN LICENSE, JUST IN NORTHERN CALI WATERS!!! ITS AN "ENHANCEMENT" YOU KNOW, LIKE THE ONES YOU USE? :D AND YES, YOU DO NEED THE STAMP FOR OC AND SD...THATS SO CAL...ITS A "SO CAL" STAMP......peace[/quote:b505d]

Well........... all I know is that I fish So. Ca. water and I need the enhancement for what I need to do.

Thanks for keeping me informed

Troutman65