PDA

View Full Version : New to Perris

Skinny
06-17-2012, 09:20 PM
I normally fish DVL and tried Perris for the first time a couple days last week. Had luck on fish to 8 lbs on jigs at deep rocky spots near the island. Goin out again tomorrow morning and want to try and find "the trench" that I hear about. Anyone out there want to give up any secrets about this area?

bassgrabber1
06-17-2012, 10:10 PM
No secrets to the area bro. See what they want and you will catch a lot of fish....good luck and welcome to perris!

Sublime-Steve
06-18-2012, 09:19 AM
good luck! watch out for the lake lice.. they get thick and stupid

tagg27
06-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Welcome to Perris...sounds like your finding them already...see ya on the lake

Rapala17
06-20-2012, 02:01 PM
No secrets to the area bro. See what they want and you will catch a lot of fish....good luck and welcome to perris!

Yes, no secrets will be revealed! LOL. If you ask for tips, that is entirely a different subject. =)

Skinny
06-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Yes, no secrets will be revealed! LOL. If you ask for tips, that is entirely a different subject. =)

Ok, thanks for the advise, I guess guys. I play it straight. Everything I've heard about this lake has been throw small stuff on dropshot or big swimbaits. But having my prejudices I went to the lake three times last week threw a 1/2 oz jig with a big trailer, in the usual colors like pumpkin, browns, and purples (pit boss or kickin B). Caught a lot of fish in the north side of the island in the rocky areas, if you can find em. I'm will share any info I have with any of you guys for the same. don't know if anyone else is on this pattern but give it a shot. Ur not gonna catch 15 fish a day but the quality makes up for the down time. I tried to add a picture of the kind of fish I have been getting, hope it worked. See you out there, say hi. tall skinny in the red tracker. 35791

bassgrabber1
06-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Ok, thanks for the advise, I guess guys. I play it straight. Everything I've heard about this lake has been throw small stuff on dropshot or big swimbaits. But having my prejudices I went to the lake three times last week threw a 1/2 oz jig with a big trailer, in the usual colors like pumpkin, browns, and purples (pit boss or kickin B). Caught a lot of fish in the north side of the island in the rocky areas, if you can find em. I'm will share any info I have with any of you guys for the same. don't know if anyone else is on this pattern but give it a shot. Ur not gonna catch 15 fish a day but the quality makes up for the down time. I tried to add a picture of the kind of fish I have been getting, hope it worked. See you out there, say hi. tall skinny in the red tracker. 35791
You are fishing a great spot. You are doing the right stuff man...keep it up! You can see some of my videos...i dont throw small baits to often.

Pete Marino
06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Im exactly opposite... I fish knowing the motto... Elephants eat peanuts!!! I love small baits!!!

bassgrabber1
06-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Im exactly opposite... I fish knowing the motto... Elephants eat peanuts!!! I love small baits!!!

Elephants eat peanuts but they also eat hay stacks...lol.....well those deep elephants like peanuts.

Pete Marino
06-21-2012, 02:46 PM
:Wink::Wink::Wink::Wink::Wink::Wink::Wink::Wink::W ink:

Rapala17
06-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Elephants eat peanuts but they also eat hay stacks...lol.....well those deep elephants like peanuts.

Cannot agree more! Yes, you can catch them on any size. However, they prefer smaller baits.

Tony A
06-22-2012, 01:38 PM
dont fish the rocky spots near the island but youll find lake perris to be very fun. i usually walk the dam and have a lot of success with plastic worms (purple, shad or white). ocassionally, i nail em' with crankbaits (crawfish/bluegill) before you reach the first non-operatable ramp on the dam. most of my hits have been in the evening right before sunset. GL and fish on!!