PDA

View Full Version : Scents/Attractants

Perris_holic
06-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Do you guys believe that they work? If so which brand and scent. Im on bps right now looking at some but dont know if its a waste of $ or which is the best. Thanks for any info

trail blazer
06-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Yes/bang!,,,,,,,,,,,,

Perris_holic
06-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes/bang!,,,,,,,,,,,,
Thats the one I was looking @. Which scent?

Carptain_Bao
06-17-2012, 08:33 PM
It's sure works,lip ripperZ love sauce always works for me, also try smelly jelly, that has worked for me as well.

trail blazer
06-17-2012, 08:46 PM
All will help,,,,,,,,,,i like shad!,,,,,,,,crawfish is good too

Cartman
06-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Do you guys believe that they work? If so which brand and scent. Im on bps right now looking at some but dont know if its a waste of $ or which is the best. Thanks for any info

I know fish are attracted to scents, but if you don't find the fish first it doesn't matter what your bait smells like. And I think I can say with some confidence that no amount of scent can overcome poor presentation either. If you find the fish, and you have the right bait, and you present it properly even without added attractants, I think you will have a better chance than if you come to rely on attractants solely. But fishing is supposed to be fun, and if putting scents on your bait gives you confidence, then it's fun, and if it's fun then by all means I think you should do it. What they hell; swing for the fences.

Perris_holic
06-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks guys

DarkShadow
06-18-2012, 01:28 PM
I've always meant to use scents to mask unnatural scents that may come from my hands and onto the bait.

But after watching a friend spray sun block all over another friend's bait, and watching bass after bass come over the boat after having eaten the sun block covered bait, I began to wonder if scents was another method of getting our hard earned dollars from our bank accounts to scent manufacturers' hands.

Put it you this way....

I have yet to experience a bite where the person using scents was the only one catching fish.

Perris_holic
06-18-2012, 01:32 PM
I've always meant to use scents to mask unnatural scents that may come from my hands and onto the bait.

But after watching a friend spray sun block all over another friend's bait, and watching bass after bass come over the boat after having eaten the sun block covered bait, I began to wonder if scents was another method of getting our hard earned dollars from our bank accounts to scent manufacturers' hands.

Put it you this way....

I have yet to experience a bite where the person using scents was the only one catching fish.
I was wondering the exact same thing

Cartman
06-18-2012, 09:11 PM

Put it you this way....

You don't happen to remember what kind of sun block that was do you? I am running short of sun block, and I was just thinking...

DarkShadow
06-18-2012, 09:33 PM
You don't happen to remember what kind of sun block that was do you? I am running short of sun block, and I was just thinking...

Banana Boat Sport, SPF 100.

I dunno what it was, but our practical joke backfired hardcore. We thought he'd NEVER get a bite with his Senko drenched in SPF 100 and he was whacking them left and right.

OC ANGLER
06-18-2012, 09:43 PM
I use bite on and lip rippers scent products .... I've got many fish using them... Was it the scent that brings them in? I'd like to think it does but I think more importantly it covers the human scent or any other unwanted scent on your tackle and baits when handling them also so that maybe the fish will hold on to the bait a little longer.

Perris_holic
06-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks guys. Im going to go and pick up a bang craw/shad combo on friday and marinate my soft plastics in it.