PDA

View Full Version : 6/15/2012 tube report

FKNChristopH
06-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Arrived a little later than I wanted to (0830) in the water at 0900. Got the scoop from the Kewly that the flats were closed and to try boat dock cove and outside of the boat rental dock. My whole plan was shot, I was going to fish the flats like I did last time for a limit. I only had until 1400 (2pm) so I had to give it my all. I tried the end of the boat rental dock first, and arrived just as my new friend "Mits" was landing his 4th for the morning. It looked promising. I asked if I could join in the action and he didnt hesitate to to oblige. I made my cast with my only rod (since I figured I would be fishing the cats in cover like last time.) The bite shut down as soon as I got there. The sky was still overcast until about noon or so. I gave the end of the boat rental dock about an hour when I decided to drift around boat dock cove.

A lot of vegetation in the water kept my fly line rig out of the bite zone but i still gave it a try, I pitched my fresh cut mack lathered in bite-on garlic under the broken dock, i threw it in open hydrilla pockets, and dragged it behind me. No love. I gave that another hour or so then kicked back to the end of the rental dock. Another hour passes by and I decide to kick across the lake. Looking for structure without a fish finder sucks. I dragged my cut bait at midlake and on the way to the west shore. No love all day. called it a day and headed in. I brought my big bait rod to keep me occupied while my mack was draggin, no love on the big bait either. I'll be back. Hopefully with a fish finder. Still beats a day of school or work.
Until next time..

*shakka*

BRING IT
06-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Have Fun/Fish Hard mission accomplished

BRING IT

5150fishn
06-17-2012, 04:40 PM
At least you got on the water. Unfortunatley it can't always be WFO!LOL Thanks for the report.