PDA

View Full Version : Lobster fmp meeting 6-20-12

Saba Slayer
06-16-2012, 09:10 AM
The first Lobster FMP meeting will be held on Wednesday the 20th at the DFG’s Los Alamitos Office. The Public is invited to this and all future meetings for observation and a brief public comment period. Public comments at this meeting are scheduled for 3:30pm.

Comments? Ideas? Suggestions? Questions? Submit them to tbuck@dfg.ca.gov. ….or contact any of the Recreational Advisory Committee members or come to the meeting and speak for yourself.

Conference Room, DFG Office, 4665 Lampson Avenue, Suite C, Los Alamitos, CA 90720.

The following is a list of the Recreational Advisory panel members and their contact info. Feel free to get in touch with us if you can’t make a meeting or you have some FMP issues that you feel need attention.

Recreational Fishing Member – Jim Salazar (310) 901-4616 jsalazarhoop@gmail.com

Recreational Fishing Member – Michael Gould (805) 648-1465 pacificfreediver@gmail.com

Recreational Fishing Member – Al Stasukevich (619) 701-6745 alstaz47@gmail.com

Recreational Fishing Alternate Member – Paul Romanowski
(714) 801-5514 paulromanowskirec@gmail.com

Go to this link for more info or an agenda for the meeting...http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/lobsterfmp/involved.asp

See You at the meeting...
Jim / Saba Slayer

DockRat
06-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Any update on proposed changes ?
Did you go Jim ?
DR

Saba Slayer
06-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Any update on proposed changes ?
Did you go Jim ?
DR

Yea DockRat...I was at the meeting. It was mandatory to be at the meeting if you are on the Advisory Committee.
Everyone played well together. If you email or call me we can get more specific.
THERE ARE NO PROPOSED CHANGES...if there are any changes to the recreational lobster regs at the end of this process (which will last until 2014) my hope is that any changes will be brought on by the recreational sector's suggestions.
To properly represent my constituency I need to gather some information. The following is a form letter that I sent out to a bunch of fishing clubs in So. Cal. Please feel free to comment on this site or contact any one of the committee members.

Hello Fellow Fisherman, Hoop Netters, and Divers

My name is Jim Salazar. I’m a one of four Recreational Fishing Representatives on the California Department of Fish and Game’s Lobster Fishery Management Plan.
As part of the Marine Life Management Act of 1998 the DFG is mandated to develop a Fishery Management Plan(FMP) for each of the fisheries in California. The Lobster FMP is not the first in So. Cal. We already have an FMP in place for the White Sea Bass fishery, the near-shore Rockfish, and Squid.
Creating an FMP is a long process; DFG is estimating that the Lobster FMP will not be finished until 2014. During this time the DFG will be conducting meetings. The public is invited to each meeting and is given time to comment during the meeting. The DFG’s website for Lobster FMP information is… http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/lobsterfmp/
My responsibility along with the other 3 Recreational representatives is to keep the public informed and solicit comments or suggestions from our constituency (the recreational hoop netter and diver). We need comments and suggestions from the public, and especially all the report card holders on changes or modifications that they feel need to be made to the lobster fishery to keep it sustainable. (It works so don’t fix it is a valid comment). We also need comments or suggestions on measures (rules or regulation changes) that should be enacted in the event of a collapse or heavy decline in the resource.
Please contact any of the Recreational Fishing Members on the Lobster Advisory panel with your thoughts or suggestions.

Thank You
Jim Salazar

Jim Salazar Hoopnetter 310-901-4616 jsalazarhoop@gmail.com

Al Stasukevich Hoopnetter 619-701-6745 alstaz47@gmail.com

Michael Gould Diver 805-648-1465 pacificfreediver@gmail.com

ALTERNATE MEMBER

Paul Romanowski Diver 714-801-5514 paulromanowskirec@gmail.com

Thanks for your cooperation!
Jim / Saba Slayer