PDA

View Full Version : BBL Quickie - 6-16-2012

etaggart
06-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Hi All,
Got on the water near the Observatory at 5:30 - tossed out my first senko and got hit - missed it, but a good sign. Picked up 4 or 5 LMB (all around 1lb+ - no monsters). Tried a new lifelike crawdad that looks just like the BBL craws and worked it for a while, but not a nibble. Maybe the wrong place since I see most crawdads being cause at the west end.

The wind picked up fast and hard at 7:30 blowing from the east. Tried for another hour with only one nibble.

Got off the water to do some chores - May try to get out later this afternoon if I can get some stuff fixed, but may have to wait until next time.

I got a couple pix I'll try to post later - nothing special.

Cheers,

Eric

manuel149
06-16-2012, 12:47 PM
I have been up there only 2 times for trout and I did see bass on the north side. Any info on the trout bite? And how's the wind right now?

etaggart
06-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Winds are still up at 1pm and blowing from the east.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCABIGBE12

Not sure about the trout bite today. Thought I heard someone saying they were more active in the west-end.

socalbassboy
06-17-2012, 01:45 PM
im going bassin from shore on wed.-thurs. is the grass showing up yet? and how deep were those bass? id appreciate your help! -God bless

etaggart
06-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Grasses are growing. I was picking up bass in fairly shallow areas, but I wasn't working deep.

Where are you going to try bassing from the shore? Some areas I've hit that are accessible from shoe are the grout bay rock jetty, windy point, and the docks around mallard bay.

Eric

socalbassboy
06-17-2012, 09:00 PM
i dont know any of the places you metioned haha...got a few from stanfield cutoff last month...