PDA

View Full Version : help with some info in a eastern sierras trip

angelsfan951
06-14-2012, 08:44 PM
well for my b-day which is sep 28 i want to take some time and go up north for my first time ever. I was just wondering what places do u recommend to stay at and what is closes to lakes or rivers. I plan on going fri-sun so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible so i won't be clueless up there. I do see the sponsor on here but how close are the lakes from there? also any other resorts around there that you guys might recommend. Well plz if some1 can help me out i would truly appreciate it as i want to make reservations soon that way by the time I'm up their its all payed for. Thanx in advance, also I'm not looking for ur secret spots or anything like that just some friendly info from all u guys that go up there often.

5150fishn
06-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Me and my dad go up and fish upper and lower Twin Lakes in Bridgeport and stay at the East Walker River Lodge. It is right on the river and great fishing. The drive to Twin Lakes is about a 20 minute drive but Bridgeport reservoir is pretty close although I prefer Upper Twin lake because I have caught lots of browns out of there. The rooms are nothing special but they are clean and comfortable.

angelsfan951
06-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Me and my dad go up and fish upper and lower Twin Lakes in Bridgeport and stay at the East Walker River Lodge. It is right on the river and great fishing. The drive to Twin Lakes is about a 20 minute drive but Bridgeport reservoir is pretty close although I prefer Upper Twin lake because I have caught lots of browns out of there. The rooms are nothing special but they are clean and comfortable.

thanx for the info ill add that place to my list and will do some research... any 1 else have some info for me??

HawgZWylde
06-15-2012, 10:43 PM

We are leaving for our annual trip to Twin Lakes next Friday. 9 days of Sierra bliss, ya baby! This is the recommendation I was going to give as well. Personally, I like the upper end of the lower lake by the old boat slips that they took out a couple of years ago. Buckeye creek out of Doc & Al's is great, as well as Robinson creek. The Walker river is a good bet for fish as well...

troutdog
06-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Parcher's is a sweet spot if it is within our budget....good creek fishing well within walking distance of your cabin (salmon egg w/ a bb split shot slays), South Lake has been the best producer of big fish from what I was reading and is only a 5 minute drive up the hill. Try Boiler Cover right below the 2nd parking lot with standard methods if shore fishing and you should hook up. North Lake, Intake II, Lake Sabrina as well the entire Bishop Creek drainage are all within 10-20 minutes. The Fall colors will be great, bring a camera and post up your results! GL

TD

angelsfan951
06-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Parcher's is a sweet spot if it is within our budget....good creek fishing well within walking distance of your cabin (salmon egg w/ a bb split shot slays), South Lake has been the best producer of big fish from what I was reading and is only a 5 minute drive up the hill. Try Boiler Cover right below the 2nd parking lot with standard methods if shore fishing and you should hook up. North Lake, Intake II, Lake Sabrina as well the entire Bishop Creek drainage are all within 10-20 minutes. The Fall colors will be great, bring a camera and post up your results! GL

TD

thanx for the info and i will definitely be taking a camera as i just got a new cannon T3 for fathers day :) and i will definitely be posting up a report after.. any1 else has some info for me??

FISH395
06-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Parchersis a good choice. Mammoth would be excellent also, 6 different lakes all withen a 10 minute drive.

Nessie Hunter
06-19-2012, 07:00 AM
For the true Eastern Sierra experience.. Parchers, hands down..
Smitty (Jared) will give you all the info in his Expert bag of tricks (He is the Man)..
Camping, RV's, Cabins, Store, Restaurant, Lakes, Streams (Large & Small), Mountains!!!!
It doesnt get any better.......

Which Way Out
06-19-2012, 08:40 AM
For the true Eastern Sierra experience.. Parchers, hands down..
Smitty (Jared) will give you all the info in his Expert bag of tricks (He is the Man)..
Camping, RV's, Cabins, Store, Restaurant, Lakes, Streams (Large & Small), Mountains!!!!
It doesnt get any better.......

Yep I second Nessie's call.

Jared is the best host. The Parchers resort gives you the feel of going back in time. No wall to wall aluminum campers and motorhomes here. Just great rustic cabins, fire rings, big trees and the creek running right along side.
I got my wife up there last year for the Fall Colors and she couldn't believe we were still in Calif. She even caught her first ever limit of trout. See Photo.

That's Jared aka Sierra Smitty on the left being the nice guy he is to take a moment to pose with my wife.
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/Parchers023.jpg

Anytime is a great time up there, but if you time it right the Fall colors are the best time and the fishing just as great.
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/Parchers031.jpg

Good luck and Say Hi to Jared for me if you go there.
WWO aka Bill

pcuser
06-19-2012, 04:02 PM
I grew up learning how to fish at Parchers starting in 1955. It was great then and except for a short term poor owner, it has remained great. Newer cabins, indoor toilets, and real refrigerators. However, that's not a bad thing. Better than having to walk to the toilets in the middle of the night or use the honeypots. Still great fishing and some bigger fish.

Old Bull 55
06-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Parchers is a really nice place and the people friendly. Be aware it sits at over 9200' altitude. Check out their website... www.parchersresort.net

angelsfan951
07-03-2012, 03:36 PM
any1 else has some info for me??

angelsfan951
08-09-2012, 10:48 PM
does any1 know of a book or map that has rivers that are fishable on the way up to bishop? i see alot of people say they fished this river and that 1 but a book o map that shows you the route would be great

angelsfan951
08-11-2012, 09:53 PM
???????????????????

marinate
08-12-2012, 12:59 AM
I have used this website to help locate fishing spots in the sierras. I've only been up there twice, so I have to rely on all the info I can get. I usually go in the fall...great weather, fall color, less crowded and the fish are hungry, as winter is just around the corner.

http://www.davessierrafishing.com/mapshtml/eastern_sierra.html

DEVOREFLYER
08-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Click on any of the places on this map for great information:

http://stevenojai.tripod.com/eastsierra.htm

STEVE IN SOCAL
08-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Parchers

Especially if you're doing a blast up and back 3 day trip. Twin lakes is another hour north, and you could use that time fishing..or drinking beer.

DeepInTheWoods
08-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Hey there Angelsfan if u r interested in spots to fish or places to stay in the June lake loop area . Hit me up id love to Help u out

angelsfan951
08-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Hey there Angelsfan if u r interested in spots to fish or places to stay in the June lake loop area . Hit me up id love to Help u out

thanx for the offer but i think june lake loop is to far up for me im thinking about staying at parchers resort in bishop and exploring that area

angelsfan951
08-14-2012, 10:32 PM
I have used this website to help locate fishing spots in the sierras. I've only been up there twice, so I have to rely on all the info I can get. I usually go in the fall...great weather, fall color, less crowded and the fish are hungry, as winter is just around the corner.

http://www.davessierrafishing.com/mapshtml/eastern_sierra.html

Click on any of the places on this map for great information:

http://stevenojai.tripod.com/eastsierra.htm

thanx to both of u guys info was good i just need a lil pocket book to have with me at all times

angelsfan951
08-17-2012, 07:30 PM
its almost time.. any1 else have some advice for me?

billy b
08-22-2012, 11:03 AM
I third what Nessie said (his info BTW is top notch)

Jared is a great host ... has done a superb job on the ole Team 57 events ... is a great guide - knows his stuff and very pleasant to fish with also. I'll be hookin up with him for another guide trip as soon as I'm healthy enough ... and if there's any water left in the lake (lol). Don't miss the point suggested about the fall colors. I've seen so many photographers us there (especially on the road to North and also to South) that you can barely drive. Even if you're not going to fish ... take a detour off 395 and do some sightseeing?

Have thoroughly enjoyed a nice family pontoon cruise around Lower Twin ... even got an occasional disturbance on the end of the line trolling. Gorgeous sightseeing.

fish'n fool
08-23-2012, 02:09 PM
does any1 know of a book or map that has rivers that are fishable on the way up to bishop? i see alot of people say they fished this river and that 1 but a book o map that shows you the route would be great

The Auto Club has a map of the Eastern Sierra that will show the creeks and lakes along Hwy 395 from Lone Pine to Bridgeport. Check the Calif Dept of Fish and Game website for the fish plant schedule, too. There is a pond at the Whitney Portal trailhead that is stocked well, usually, but gets little fishing pressure.

What a lot of people have said about Parcher's is true. I've never stayed there (I have cabin access by Lake Sabrina) but Jared is cool, as is his staff there, and are knowledgeable in addition. I stop by the Resort to buy a soda or candy and rent boats on South Lake. Cardinal Resort on the Middle Fork of Bishop Creek is another good place to stay. It's on the creek and close to North Lake and Sabrina.

angelsfan951
08-23-2012, 03:09 PM
The Auto Club has a map of the Eastern Sierra that will show the creeks and lakes along Hwy 395 from Lone Pine to Bridgeport. Check the Calif Dept of Fish and Game website for the fish plant schedule, too. There is a pond at the Whitney Portal trailhead that is stocked well, usually, but gets little fishing pressure.

What a lot of people have said about Parcher's is true. I've never stayed there (I have cabin access by Lake Sabrina) but Jared is cool, as is his staff there, and are knowledgeable in addition. I stop by the Resort to buy a soda or candy and rent boats on South Lake. Cardinal Resort on the Middle Fork of Bishop Creek is another good place to stay. It's on the creek and close to North Lake and Sabrina.

thanx for the info i will be going to their location tom. and i will check out that other resort.

IncredibleHuck
08-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Where are you actually going? Bishop? Mammoth?

angelsfan951
08-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Where are you actually going? Bishop? Mammoth?

hmm looks like ill be making reservations to stay at parchers if everything goes as planed ... so bishop i believe??? and then from there i want to explore since its my first time going up there

sandtrout
08-24-2012, 02:07 PM
PM sent. Parcher's is starting at the top!

seal
08-24-2012, 02:21 PM
I'd get off the pot and make some reservations then cause Parchers is probably not going to have a lot left. That's fall colors time and not only fisherman go up there you'll be up there with leafer's!

angelsfan951
08-24-2012, 04:07 PM
PM sent. Parcher's is starting at the top!

thanks for the great info i trully apreciate it!

angelsfan951
08-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I'd get off the pot and make some reservations then cause Parchers is probably not going to have a lot left. That's fall colors time and not only fisherman go up there you'll be up there with leafer's!

yeah definetly agree with u lots of reservations already i called today

angelsfan951
08-27-2012, 01:40 PM
well its official ill be going up there on oct 3-6 reservations are confirmed. is any1 else going to be up there??