PDA

View Full Version : OUCH!!! This one stung!,,,SAN ANTONIO

trail blazer
06-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Got the big ole S/Tone Skunk,,or shale i say SKUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL.

North end/so end,,both banks,,multipul runs everywhere,,,mid lake with the D,R,,,River inlet,,dam area,,,three fingers,,,chalk cliffs,,,marina,b rock,,etc etc etc,all directions,,,lots of diferent proven baits and colors tried,,,,,

water temp reached 80 deg by 5pm in the coves,,,,69 mid lake in the morn.

O well,,,cant win,m all,,,,,,,,,,

Wish i had something better to report but it was our turn to get whoop,d

NEXT TIME:Wink:

TRAIL BLAZER

MonsterGuppy
06-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the report and burning some gas. Any info on the shad? Are they up near the docks yet?

cutbait
06-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Rough day fishing for sure.. !!!!!!

You didn't mention... No marks south end, mid sections, deep water, 15 feet of water... Only marks were North just shy of cemetery cove in Carpville. Carp were literally jumping a dozen or so every few seconds for a couple hours.. Carp infested!... No Carp on south end...

Lake level was UUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPP,,, highest I've ever seen it, only 15-20 ft from high water mark

No sign of stripers, only saw one Kayaker land a 6 lb striper "shallow" he said as an incidental to LMB fishing.

No shad by any of the three ramps.. Did see the typical San Antonio "frye" at Harris creek ramp by the gourdes.. Only a couple in main lake.

Water clarity was decent, 8-10 ft... slight algae bloom that made trolling a bit of work clearing lines, but not that bad.. Green tint

The Terns were North to center lake,, none taking flight and seemed to be in a weird spawning mode.. Groups would fight eachother and ram eachother from underneath, kinda looked like a boil from a distance.. Was a trip

Beautiful weather, 12 hours almost of fishing...

Small green carp are on the chew with live bait big time!!!!!!

Had fun Scott, but if you burp eaten hot dogs again,, I'm looking for another parther :Embarrassed:

cutbait
06-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the report and burning some gas. Any info on the shad? Are they up near the docks yet?

UP and gone, shad run was last month

Locals told us

joejoe77
06-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Oh man, I was hoping you guys would say they were jumping in the boat. Thanks as always for all of the info. I have a question, Ive heard from a few different people about fishing for Striper with anchovies on a wait and bait set up near Bee Rock and Harris Creek. Have any of you guys had luck with this method? Im willing to try anything, just wanna get my first Striper. Im gonna try any method Ive heard of this weekend. Ill be out there Saturday evening/night and Sunday morning. Hope to see some of you guys around.
Thanks again
Joe

cutbait
06-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Oh man, I was hoping you guys would say they were jumping in the boat. Thanks as always for all of the info. I have a question, Ive heard from a few different people about fishing for Striper with anchovies on a wait and bait set up near Bee Rock and Harris Creek. Have any of you guys had luck with this method? Im willing to try anything, just wanna get my first Striper. Im gonna try any method Ive heard of this weekend. Ill be out there Saturday evening/night and Sunday morning. Hope to see some of you guys around.
Thanks again
Joe

Yep, Harris and Bee Rock mouths are locals favs. There is even youtube vids of it at Bee Rock.

They swear 6lb or less is a must for finicky San Antonios striper.

Personally haven't done it

plumbertom
06-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Try Flylining those whole 'chovies with just the tail pinched off.
Use as light a line as you dare but remember the fish are gonna run in the 10 lb range.

taylor31
06-16-2012, 11:01 PM
I am going all night Thursday I'm going to some bait after dark. Has anyone here fished Naci lately? I hear the whites are boiling.

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-18-2012, 02:10 PM
I know ur pain my brutha...I've had a few days like that myself...

They are surely there....just gotta get the day when thwey wanna play...

We'll U paid ur dues....hopefully the next trip there will be fruitfull..

I know I punded it for 2 days about 1 1/2 months ago for no stripey...

It hurst but that the nature of that lake...

Just gotta go try....

See what happens...

U'll get 'em next time ! I'm sure

Who's next ?

Plumbertom ? looks like ur at bat

plumbertom
06-19-2012, 05:13 AM
No doubt The Tone can be a tough lake.
I was intending to go there today But a guy from Fresno Emailed me that he wanted to come fishing so I decided to fish Naci instead.
More likely to produce good numbers of fish even if they are smaller.
Down sized my tackle so it should be fun.
Not a lot more fun than finding active feeding white bass chasing shad.
I've had days at Naci that I've caught more than 100 fish.