PDA

View Full Version : are the cats biting?

reelgurlzfish
06-14-2012, 07:03 PM
dfg shows la mirada stocked. or should i stick with saltwater this weekend?

etucker1959
06-14-2012, 08:51 PM

How many do you want to catch? If the answer is 0-3 go to La Mirada, if not go to the ocean. I'll give you the whole run down. Stocking truck shows up around 1:30 pm. on Tues. Just a couple of locals there and not doing much damage. I show up and start pounding the crap out of the catfish, C&R them of course. One bucket fisherman shows up catches his limit in about an hour and goes home, no serious damage done and then the family from blank shows up. They are there every stocking day and the next morning and they just take the wind out of the catfish sails. They alone took home more then 50 fish before anybody else had a chance except me and a couple of other people. Well how well did I do, I caught 30 catfish the first night and hooked and handed off 10 more to my friends children. The next morning I got 32 catfish and watched dozens of other catfish all go home to that one group. The slaughter was all over and done by 8:30 am the next morning. I then was faced with a problem, I had two fellow FNN friends comming later in the day and all the easy fish were gone. Well we fished are hinnezz off and we kept moving around and catching some fish. We fished four of my hot spots and caught 3-5 fish per spot. It wasn't the big shootout I was hopeing for, but we at least caught something. Now here's the bad news for everyone else, after 2:00 pm. Wed a whole lot of people started showing up hopeing to get in on the freshly planted catfish. I estimated about 50 people showed up and I saw them catch a total of 3 catfish. The next morning I saw just 12 catfish caught by everybody including myself, and tonight I counted just 5 people fishing so what does that tell you. I didn't mean to jack your thread, it just bothers me that some people just make a pig out of themselves at the expense of others.

reelgurlzfish
06-14-2012, 09:04 PM
people with bad fishing manners really chap my hide. seems this happens alot. so then us that work thru the week get skunked on the weekend......

bassfishing24/7
06-14-2012, 09:45 PM

U should definetly hit the salt,u will enjoy the scenery alot more and catch different type of Fish.it beats walking in a city park filled w duck poop!!

etucker1959
06-14-2012, 09:52 PM
people with bad fishing manners really chap my hide. seems this happens alot. so then us that work thru the week get skunked on the weekend......

You know there is a easy solution to make it fair for everybody. Stock on Friday and everybody gets a fair shot at them on Saturday. That other lake we talked about in the past holds up much better then La Mirada.

reelgurlzfish
06-14-2012, 10:01 PM
ya i do ok at the other lake the weekend after stock. well 3-5 being 'good' :-D

bassfishing24/7
06-14-2012, 10:02 PM
If u saw the people take 50+ Fish why wouldnt u report them to dfg???....i know times r tough but limit should be more than enuf...Just my 2c...

etucker1959
06-14-2012, 10:14 PM
ya i do ok at the other lake the weekend after stock. well 3-5 being 'good' :-D

Of course it is. You know I get more satisfaction catching 4 fish a month after they stocked it, then 30 stupid fresh planted catfish the day of the stocking.

Fysher
06-16-2012, 07:35 AM
agreed but if they had a whole group and they were all within limits, there's nothing dfg can do. As of the last 3 years, I've seen my local lake get raped by groups fishing for cats. Literally, they bring a family or two about (15 people) and just rape the lake. Now a days at the local lake, in order for you to have a field day, you have to hit it the same day they stock or early next morning.

etucker1959
06-17-2012, 08:44 AM
agreed but if they had a whole group and they were all within limits, there's nothing dfg can do. As of the last 3 years, I've seen my local lake get raped by groups fishing for cats. Literally, they bring a family or two about (15 people) and just rape the lake. Now a days at the local lake, in order for you to have a field day, you have to hit it the same day they stock or early next morning.

I couldn't have said it better myself. They always bring their wifes and kids with them and then they boat limit the catfish, which is illegal in fishwater fishing. For those of you who don't know what a boat limit is it goes something like this. 5 people go fishing together and they think they can legally catch 25 catfish. The law say's one person can only control the fate of 5 catfish, that means when he caught 5 fish and they were all kept he is DONE. What the family from Hell does is they all keep fishing till they get their quota, and to top that all off they can't count worth a darn their always over in their favor. The mommy of that group on Wed caught at least 12 catfish herself! Don't think I'm not makeing an *** out of myself by screaming across the lake at them. Sorry for ranting and raving again. By the way DFG is completly useless during catfish season in the lakes that I fish. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM EVER!!!!!!! For how much I go catfishing and not ever seeing the DFG along with them never answering my calls, makes the DFG look like complete IDIOTS!!!!!!!! How hard would it be for the DFG to show up on the stocking day and the next morning, NOT VERY HARD. Would they have busted anyone if they had shown up? Of course they would have. The defense of the poacher's is to run the extra catfish to the car, BUT even that strategy would not be able to save them. So many people are sick and tired of seeing these people rape the lakes, they all would BE RATTED OUT IN A HEARTBEAT if the DFG would ever bother to show up.

FKNChristopH
06-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Just call the DFG and say there are some people snagging ducks or bowfishing. Something outrageous that will get their attention to come down.

etucker, PM me, lets fish this week!

*shakka*