PDA

View Full Version : Any Word On SARL

Team Brown Eye
06-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Team Brown Eye will be at SARL this Saturday for our 2nd Annual Fathers Day Fishing Day. I haven't seen too many post regarding cat fishing at SARL so was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how the fishing has been, baits to use and spots to fish. In the past I have had great fishing sessions at SARL but the last few trips have been terrible. Above all, a day of fishing with my old man and family is priceless but I will admit that catching fish just makes it a little sweeter.

etucker1959
06-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Team Brown Eye will be at SARL this Saturday for our 2nd Annual Fathers Day Fishing Day. I haven't seen too many post regarding cat fishing at SARL so was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how the fishing has been, baits to use and spots to fish. In the past I have had great fishing sessions at SARL but the last few trips have been terrible. Above all, a day of fishing with my old man and family is priceless but I will admit that catching fish just makes it a little sweeter.
I have had two friends fish it recently and they both said the same thing. They both got skunked but the people to the right of them or the left of them caught fish. That tell's me it's all about location. If your on them great if not your screwed. SARL doesn't get the great big crowds they use too, so keep moving around till you find them.

HawgZWylde
06-15-2012, 11:00 PM
SARL is closing...

http://www.fishinglakes.com/anaheimlake2012.html

dfisher
06-16-2012, 06:20 AM
Interesting...

Marley
06-17-2012, 08:53 AM
SARL is closing...

http://www.fishinglakes.com/anaheimlake2012.html

They close SARL every so often for cleaning. It's main use, or so I've been told, is water table replenishment. When the lake's sides bottom get covered with silt and algae the ability of water to penetrate into the earth is diminished and the lake must be cleaned. Same thing they're doing with Anaheim right now (it's actually bone dry.) There might be other maintenance needed. The water district only allows them to operate one concession at a time, which is usually SARL.
It will be kinda fun to fish for trout there again. I can't imagine that the water will remain cold enough long enough but I'm sure it will be plenty cold at first. At some point the fish will hit the lake's bottom and hang until fall.
There used to be an old man ran the tackle shop, would get on the PA and chew out people using more than one rod. His favorite thing to say was "If you want to use two rods, get the heII out of here and go to that other place!" That was an infant SARL and apparently a lot of people took his advice. Then there wsa "Tex", used to drive around in an old red sedan, would stop and give tips. His big tip was using a single Pautzke's salmon egg on the smallest hook you had and fish it six feet under a bobber. I haven't tried that in years, maybe it still works.
Fun times to be had, old spots to dust off.