PDA

View Full Version : 6/11/12 Perris or Bust trip

M@M
06-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Rented boat, got it loaded with girlfriend and gear, headed straight out from the marina to the opposite side of lake, started getting our lines wet about 7am. Not getting any action...... worked our way from there all the way to the buoys at the outlet area. Caught a couple here and there but couldn't really find the fish. Decided to move toward the island and try our luck there. By now the wind was starting to pick up... worked our way around the east side of the island. The cement anchor on the rental was a little better then useless, couldn't hold a spot. So we were either blowing away from island or into the island the rest of the time out, constantly having to start up the motor and moving :Confused: But we were catching a few here and there as we were being blown around :Rolls Eyes:.... ended up catching around 30 fish between the two of us (using crickets,meal worms and red worms) most were only 6-7" with 2 reaching 8" so released most of them. Because of the wind and anchor, took the boat back and fished the dock till dark, started using jigs, hoping to catch some crappie. Only a few other people fishing the dock, and they left within an hour of not catching anything. We caught and released one trout and some tiny bluegill:Neutral: We made a long day of it, we love fishing! Arrived home at 10pm...... Of course, I was really hoping to catch our limit by 10am, get home, filet, cook and enjoy our bluegill dinner by 5pm........... maybe next time :LOL:..... Still, we had a good time...no better way to spend a day off, then fishing....... Wish I had more time to fish and learn the lake.....can't wait to try again... those pan fish are a blast with the ultra light gear........ Tight Lines all, Mike

d1LedHed
06-14-2012, 05:06 PM
We fished the tire reefs for staging fish. Wide open - was fishing with two kids on a pontoon. Lots of 9s and a few 10s. Jigs & crickets with 2 lb test, done by 10 AM.
South side has been tore up by the bed rapers - look like you were fishing deep enough, should have went east instead of west (too early).

M@M
06-14-2012, 09:43 PM
We fished the tire reefs for staging fish. Wide open - was fishing with two kids on a pontoon. Lots of 9s and a few 10s. Jigs & crickets with 2 lb test, done by 10 AM.
South side has been tore up by the bed rapers - look like you were fishing deep enough, should have went east instead of west (too early).

Sonny, your killing me..... "fished with two kids, done by 10 am" ....... That was my plan!...... just didn't work out lol:LOL: I can't even find the tire reef! Good Times though!....:Envious:..... were you out there Monday?

d1LedHed
06-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah Mike we were there - saw your earlier post too late. Next time you & GF want to try LP, get ahold of Bill, and we can give it a shot. Going out with the gurlyz tomorrow. Today was another excellent day....

M@M
06-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Yeah Mike we were there - saw your earlier post too late. Next time you & GF want to try LP, get ahold of Bill, and we can give it a shot. Going out with the gurlyz tomorrow. Today was another excellent day....

:Smile:Thanks.That would be super cool......I'll get a hold of Bill and seen if I can get him to go.