PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 Dana Warf Sportfishing (WSB/YT ADVICE)

keada714
06-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Hey guys,

I have two certificates to board the ¾ day at Dana Warf SportFishing charters and was hoping to get more insight on these trips. I’ve never fished charter boats before so I am uncertain on a few things. I’ve fished the wall many times on a private boat and haven’t caught any biggger game fish. So I would like to target them on my trip. My questions are the following

1. Do these charter boats target these larger species? If so, roughly when would be a good time to hop on these boats?
2. Another question is what kind of gear I should bring for this trip. I don’t have any conventional setup here, but do have spinning outfit for larger fish.

Any other advice in what to expect from these trip would be awesome!! Thanks!!

Mark

DockRat
06-13-2012, 05:56 AM
1. Do these charter boats target these larger species? If so, roughly when would be a good time to hop on these boats?
2. Another question is what kind of gear I should bring for this trip. I don’t have any conventional setup here, but do have spinning outfit for larger fish.

Any other advice in what to expect from these trip would be awesome!! Thanks!!

Mark

1. Yes they do. They go for what is around and what helps fill gunny sacks.
Right now it is bottom fishing and barracuda and bass. Big spinner will work unless something bigger is around.
You can get a rental rod for under $10 also. Get one. Best time to go is when the bite is going off. Watch the counts. If there is YT or WSB going off a 30 lb to 50 lb set up is preferred.
DR

LittleJigger96
06-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Go now because the sand bass and the barracuda are running. Use 12 to 20 lb test. I use my bass rod with 12 and do fine on that for the sand bass. For the barracuda use 20 lb test. For the cuda use the iron jigs and the sand bass you can use the bait on the boat or plastics.