PDA

View Full Version : How much sleep do you get the night before fishing?

trollmiester
06-11-2012, 08:45 PM
I fish every week and its hard for me to sleep because i still get so excited to go fishing.Is it just me?

Which Way Out
06-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Chris you get excited over everything. Don't ever change buddy.

FYI- That Terramar rod you sold me is gonna get a work out tomorrow morning, EARLY...:Shocked: Speaking of that I need to get some sleep soon. I hope this post of yours didn't mess it up....:Confused:

I will let you know how the rod works out..
WWO

GdHkSet1
06-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Trolly, Your stepping up admitting that your a fishoholic, and that's okay cause I'm not far behind ya... depends if I have to drive far or not. Last year or so I have been staying local in riverside county so maybe 4-5 hrs before coffee time. Tight lines Trolly and (Pontoon I know your out there).....

Hometown
06-11-2012, 09:35 PM
I hear you buddy I start thinking about my next fishing trip as soon as one ends.Then as my next free day to fish comes cant sleep the night before

Marley
06-11-2012, 09:39 PM
You're supposed to sleep before fishing? No wonder I keep falling asleep!

Just kidding, Chris. If I'm fishing freshwater, trout derby or trip to the Sierras, it's usually about 5 hours, maybe 6 if I'm lucky. If I'm fishing salt water I try and get as much as possible, 8 - 10 hours if I can. Helps keep me from getting seasick. Wretched feeling, getting seasick, I just want someone to shoot me.

troutdog
06-11-2012, 10:18 PM
That is my friend is called "fishing insomnia" and there is no cure known to modern man :Twisted:

TD

OC ANGLER
06-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Sleep is highly over rated !

Dr. MindBendo
06-12-2012, 08:13 AM
I usually get in 3-4 hours. I still get too damn excited if it's supposed to be a good trip. Usually spend the night before rigging up, checking the tackle I'm taking, spooling up etc... Wake up feeling like crap from lack of sleep. :No Pity: Once I'm on the water I forget about being tired. :Fishing Catch:

dfisher
06-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Zero hours... Who else tells themself they will get in line early and sleep a hour or two before they open, but end up getting there late and not sleeping at all? Sleep insomnia... Gotta love it! But damn the drive home really sucks!!!

Skyler
06-12-2012, 11:17 AM
A hell of a lot more than I do the night before a deer hunt, lol.

HBAR
06-12-2012, 03:04 PM
well if your in line at the vine and you forget your sun visor windsheild block things to block out that bright light you aint gonna get much of any :EyePop:

seal
06-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Depends on what I'm fishing for and where.

Laughing at the hunting comment, so true!

DarkShadow
06-12-2012, 03:35 PM
I usually don't get much, since in order to beat the crowds, you have to arrive at your destination rather early, but I do manage a few ZZZs when I can, like when I'm driving home or when I'm driving the rental boat.

flyhigh123
06-12-2012, 04:47 PM
i always crash the night after... for example, i wake at 4am to fish, so i get a few hours sleep, bu the next night, i crash at like 10pm and sleep till 9-10am... lol

TroutOnly
06-12-2012, 05:03 PM
when i was younger ,i could never sleep before a trip,but now that im older and smarter i make sure i ware myself out getting ready the day before so i knock out early and get my needed sleep before a trip, rested and ready to slay the next day,,,,,T/O,,,,,

ZipperWurm
06-12-2012, 09:54 PM
I work late nights and sleep during the day usually...so when I have to be up super early to go fishing I usually get zero hours because I'm usually awake when I'm supposed to be sleeping...I'm a complete wreck though once the trip is over...

Troutin Man
06-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Fishing trips are awesome! You can sleep on days you work! I have a few fishing trips this summer and I am already lookin' up info and getting things ready! Fishnerds rule!

trollmiester
06-18-2012, 04:18 PM
i just wokeup from a nice nap lolol

trail blazer
06-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Sleep before a fishing trip,,,NOTTTTTTTT!,,,,Maby 3 and on a good night 4 hrs,,,,,,,,,sometimes i just leave the night before cause im just to exited abought the 60lb striper that im finally going to catch the next day!.

T/B