PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 6/11

P.A.W.
06-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Had a furlough day today so off to the lake! It was oddly quiet on the water. Just 2 days ago the morning topwater bite was great. Not today. I started throwing my crawdad jig like I have been for the last month. Only a few blowups today. The tulies are now holding lots of bluegills and dink bass. The offshore weeds are hiding some nicer models, but they were kinda skittish. I finally wised up and downsized to a Senko. Was able to land some nice 3lb class fish with it. Tried throwing some cranks but no love. Even the senkos had to be thrown and left alone to fall without any input. As soon as I twitched it even a little the fish would back off. So things are changing up pretty quickly from just a couple of days ago.

JAG107
06-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Giving up on the jailbirds Pat? Maybe you've just been having too much fun playing with the green bass this spring...either way, I'm jealous that you got to spend a beautiful day on the water!

desertstorm
06-11-2012, 11:39 PM
From my understanding Skinner was blue stoned today which may have caused the bite to slow.

P.A.W.
06-12-2012, 05:23 AM
The bluestoning is today the 12th and the lake will be closed to boats. I've fished Skinner the day after bluestoning and have not seen any change in fishing from it. Just my experience though.

Joe, I did drag the U-rig once around the block after I decided the top water bite was off. Ended up at the inlet and threw my jerkbait into the incomming water for like 5 minutes. I did meter some at the main bouy line at 60feet down but My downrigger is out of order for the moment.

Dr. MindBendo
06-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the update Pat. Sounds like Skinner is starting to slow as we enter the dog days of Summer.

JAG107
06-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Dr. Bendo, Skinner can really surprise you sometimes in the summer. WFO one day, shut down the next. Well, it's kinda like that all year...heh heh but that's the allure of the place I guess. Pat, you gotta get your DR back online! What happened?

Harley51
06-13-2012, 06:47 PM
I got to skinner on the 11th and was told at the gate they would be bluestoning on the 12th. Lake would be closed. called the front gate at noOn on the 12th and was told they canceled bluestoning. I was the only boat on the lake. Didn't fish. But got a chance to setup the GPS. i'm still here and fishing today was off.

cjschock
06-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Fished Skinner Sunday late afternoon and hooked up two striper and farmed two others. All fish caught at the inlet on jerkbaits. Spent most of the day messing around with bass and bluegill so the wife could have some fun.