PDA

View Full Version : sun 6/10

vanillagurilla
06-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Took the newly aquired boat out for its maiden voyage Sunday, got a half scoop at nachos for a mix of chovies and giant sardines and when I say giant I mean 8-10 inches lol. We went about 200 yards from the reciever and drifted while we got all the rods rigged up, my little cousin pinned on a sardine and got bit but was excited and missed it, reeled in and his bait was bitten clean in half. Then we ran over to the shoe for a couple drifts for nada and decided to make a move over to the wall. We were thinking of going inside and drifting for halibut when we seen another pb get a tripple with 2 guys so we turned the boat around and parked it about 30 yards from them anf about 60 yards from the wall. I cast a swimbait out and stuck a legal halibut first cast then we proceded to pick at the sand bass and 1 more legal butt all on chovies. Nothing would touch the sardines. My little cousin found 2 squid in our bait tank, first one he missed a fish and got a small bat Ray, 2nd one he landed a 40in leopard. Brought home about 10 legal sandbass with the biggest going 4lbs or so and had quite a few shorts and missed fish. I also got one a dropshot :D, it slowed down for awhile and the current was pretty strong and I figured that the 1/2oz sliders weren't enough to get to the bottom so I switched to a 1oz and we started catching again. Not a bad day on the water, boat drank 13 gallons of fuel and ran great even though it was really choppy in the am.

Armofisher818
06-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Nice any picks? And to a new boat owner, stay atleast 100 yards away from another boat, maybe that guy had a chum line going on that you interrupted. And if you find a spot where the fish are but someone is already there, don't broadcast it. Good luck and have fun with the new boat.

vanillagurilla
06-11-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm not a new boat owner and I was Probly further from that guy then I thought because I couldn't cast that far and there was guys drifting inbetween us and the rocks and multiple boats coming inside the breakwall between us. And I fail to see how we interupted there chum line when we didn't go behind there boat.

smokehound
06-11-2012, 08:58 PM
One of these days I'm gonna troll hardcore and put everyone's spots on blast.

Jimmies will be rustled.

Airona124
06-11-2012, 09:02 PM
outta boyy!!! always steady picking at this fish!!!!

8lb test or what

vanillagurilla
06-11-2012, 09:54 PM
I was using 20lb powerpro with 12lb leader.

DockRat
06-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Good report. Those big Sardines are great monster Hali bait.
Hero or Zero on the big baits.
Those Sandbass are on the 'Do not eat list'.
How do they taste ?
DR