PDA

View Full Version : Bass Fishing Hemet Lake?

desertstorm
06-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Hey all I'll be heading up to Hemet Lake on Friday with a couple of friends who are looking to do some rainbow trout fishing from shore, but I'd prefer to be fishing for largies. I know the trout bite there is pretty active but how is the bass bite? Anybody hooking up on some largies out there? Are there even largies in that lake? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

pwynn
06-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Hey all I'll be heading up to Hemet Lake on Friday with a couple of friends who are looking to do some rainbow trout fishing from shore, but I'd prefer to be fishing for largies. I know the trout bite there is pretty active but how is the bass bite? Anybody hooking up on some largies out there? Are there even largies in that lake? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

yes there are lmb in the lake and some are very large. if I was on foot i think i would try bass cove, the cove to the right side of the damn. what they hit on I dont know but all i can tell you is the only forage fish in the lake are blue gill...

bassgrabber1
06-11-2012, 01:07 PM
DFG zapped up a 10+ lbs'er so yeah they are there....carolina rigged brush hogs ...not sure what depth.

desertstorm
06-11-2012, 11:40 PM
awesome thanks for the advice sounds like I'll be hitting bass cove with carolina rigged brush hogs friday morning!