PDA

View Full Version : Goon Crankin'

CL SmooV
06-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Packed light and hit the Goon up on SAT evening. Line in @ 845pm. First fish-- 15 minutes later. Second fish-- 10 minutes after. Both solid 15 to 16 inch fish. I thought the lake would be crowded with shore anglers but there werent that many. Saw many tubers out there on sweet spots. Water levels are coming down based on my last visit there a few weeks ago.

I swithced to a LC Pointer 100 (May Salmon) for my last 15 minutes. I started my countdown for my last 10 casts and got hit hard......Im thinking I hooked into a monster based on the fight. But, after gettin' him in, it just turned out he had alot of heart (pic below).

Left the lake at 1030pm.

Smoov

Danny300
06-11-2012, 10:18 AM
When I grow up, I wanta be just like you C

HawgZWylde
06-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Packed light and hit the Goon up on SAT evening. Line in @ 845pm. First fish-- 15 minutes later. Second fish-- 10 minutes after. Both solid 15 to 16 inch fish. I thought the lake would be crowded with shore anglers but there werent that many. Saw many tubers out there on sweet spots. Water levels are coming down based on my last visit there a few weeks ago.

I swithced to a LC Pointer 100 (May Salmon) for my last 15 minutes. I started my countdown for my last 10 casts and got hit hard......Im thinking I hooked into a monster based on the fight. But, after gettin' him in, it just turned out he had alot of heart (pic below).

Left the lake at 1030pm.

Smoov

Nice job up there for less than a couple of hours of fish'n CL. I love it when those little ones give a good fight, it's a sign of a healthy fishery...

CL SmooV
06-11-2012, 11:23 AM
When I grow up, I wanta be just like you C

Haaaa ha! You still owe me a pic of some the stuff you're hookin' out there D-gangster

CL SmooV
06-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Nice job up there for less than a couple of hours of fish'n CL. I love it when those little ones give a good fight, it's a sign of a healthy fishery...

Thanks Hawgz.....I got lucky with picking some good spots to cast. Few weeks ago I fished hard and longer for no bass, only a slab crappie. But that fish hit hard and pulled drag like a mother, felt like a 7-8 pound fish. I was impressed.

Hitts0n
06-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Nice catch folks! Its always to get out on the water for a few hours!

5150fishn
06-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Congrats on a short but productive trip. I love it when the fish cooperate! Thanks for the report.

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-11-2012, 02:07 PM
lay 'em down....and smack 'em yak 'em...

Nice job at chasing away the skunk...

Nice feesh : )

Congrats !
Gary

CL SmooV
06-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Nice catch folks! Its always to get out on the water for a few hours!

True, and ive found that the short trips tend to be most productive for me and many others. Go figure : /

CL SmooV
06-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Congrats on a short but productive trip. I love it when the fish cooperate! Thanks for the report.

Thanks 5150-- I needed to feel thump....last time out was brutal. The Goon will have the big girls on the prowl soon. I can feel it.

CL SmooV
06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
lay 'em down....and smack 'em yak 'em...

Nice job at chasing away the skunk...

Nice feesh : )

Congrats !
Gary

felt good settin the metal! finally.

sticks and stones dude-- fa real!

the goon? piru? dvl? revenge @ san antone? the pudd? casitas? the mid?

ibom
06-11-2012, 11:15 PM
I hate/love reading all these goon posts. Ive been goin to several places and been getting on fish but every time i hit the goon i meet mr skunk. But I shall persist and land my first LMB one of these days....

CL SmooV
06-11-2012, 11:59 PM
I hate/love reading all these goon posts. Ive been goin to several places and been getting on fish but every time i hit the goon i meet mr skunk. But I shall persist and land my first LMB one of these days....

Keep at it. Fish hard. It will happen. Trust me. Ive captured my fair share of skunks at the goon too. The drop, jigs, senkos, flyline creatures, cranks, chatters -- try them all until you find your method/pattern.

Hitts0n
06-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Looking forward on meeting u at our next striper event !!

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-12-2012, 12:10 PM

U know they are there...time and effort...the night U were there with me should have made U a beleiver..

keep doing what I showed U.....believe in it....I wouldn't steer you wrongthe magic happens when you "BELIEVE"

Good luck : )

Gary