PDA

View Full Version : hey shore guys

Matt_Magnone
06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
bite is pretty nuts right now on your turf. been screwing around in the 3rd cover (first cove for boats) as my starting spot and went 5 for 5 on my first 5 casts of the morning today. it should be right up your alley. fish are relating to grass edges adjacent to any visible brush in the area. been on this bite for close to two weeks and had my fun. its all yours. spinnerbaits, topwater and shallow cranks. its as many fish as you can handle. most fish are between 1.5 and 3 pounds. made a full pass from the back of the cove towards the tip of the point (shoreline that eventually leads to the marina) today and had 12 or 15 fish. couldnt tell you exactly. beat it up and more importantly have FUN guys!!! bite is slowing from where it was at, but you should still be able to get bit pretty well.

Perris_holic
06-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the info. Im going to have to check that out. What bass lures do you recommend to always have in your tackle box, specifically top water. I used a BPS xps popper today that I just picked up yesterday and caught my first bass on a lure. I just used a fan technique when i was casting and it worked. Was a very cool sight to see the bass blow it up like that. Im usually just a bait and wait guy but im trying to expand my horizons.

Billy_Serblic
06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
gonna hit it up tomorrow from the shore. thanx for the tips man.

EfrenM
06-11-2012, 08:36 PM
any info for trout biting ??

Matt_Magnone
06-11-2012, 09:38 PM
any info for trout biting ??

nah man. i heard of a trout chase a reaction bait the other day from a friend but thats about it. i see em every once in a while but wouldnt count on going out there and slaying it.

prankster13
06-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Matt, I went into that bay yesterday (Monday) my last stop of the day around 2:30 in the afternoon and caught 5 fish on plastics in fairly deep water (25 ft.) Early in the day I did well on the south west lake on buzz baits, cranks and spinner baits, no real big fish but lots of them. Again I had the lake to myself practically, no line and easy on and off at the launch. I know it has to be bad for the concession but it sure is nice not having any pressure on the lake. By the way bank fisherman, the only guy I saw in that cove was catching fish on bait and they were respectable fish as well.