PDA

View Full Version : Team Trolltoon King of the Cats Opener....Good Friends and Good Fun

PONTOON
06-10-2012, 11:53 AM
I've got to start out by Thanking Daniella, Jimmy and the entire staff at Irvine Lake for continuing the King of Cats Tournaments. This years kick-off tournament was a lot of fun and without all of your hard work it wouldn't be possible. So, from Team Trolltoon and all the rest of us Thank You!:Cool:

I've been looking forward to this tournament for quite some time now. To be honest Trolly and I have looked forward to it the day after the last King of Cats was crowned. Both of us enjoy the company of Good Friends and the way the staff at Irvine Lake makes everyone welcome to participate in any event at the lake.
From the very moment we arrived it felt like we were home being greeted by Daniella, Jimmy and the staff. Then getting to see some Good Old Team 57 Friends carrying on the pre-fishing BBQ festivities. For me it was very enlightening to see old friends and man did some of that BBQ look good!:Envious: You all are the best and keep the tradition alive.
It was also good to see two couples who were a big part of Team 57 at the weigh in. Bullets and Tater and Granny and Grandpa Fish. It was good to see you guys and catch up on what has been going on.:Thumbs Up:

Well, as for the nights fishing. Trolly and I got on the water around 4:00pm and headed out to a spot we had been talking about all morning and set up for the night in anticipation of a catfish that would put us on the board. After e few hours we got that first run and it was a screamer. I was anticipating a pretty good size cat from the run and the way it fought but once it showed it's colors.......wiper! Well, it wasn't the catfish we wanted but still fun to catch. As the night wore on it was wiper after wiper after wiper. After a while Trolly and I thought all we were going to get for the night were wipers but after about two hours the wiper bite slowed just enough for us to get a few catfish. Nothing big enough to win the tournament but I was able to get one big enough to qualify for the KOC tournament...........mission accomplished!:Cool:

As for the King of Cats opening tournament, it was good to be back at the Vine with Good Friends!

Here's a few pics of the wiper clinic Trolly put on last night.........

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-09%20Irvine/IMG_0670.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-09%20Irvine/IMG_0668.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-09%20Irvine/IMG_0667.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-09%20Irvine/IMG_0666.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-09%20Irvine/IMG_0665.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-09%20Irvine/IMG_0664.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-09%20Irvine/IMG_0663.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-09%20Irvine/IMG_0661.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-09%20Irvine/IMG_0662.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-09%20Irvine/IMG_0672.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-09%20Irvine/IMG_0671.jpg

TroutOnly
06-10-2012, 12:12 PM
WHERES THE KITTIES TERRY,,,MAN THEM WIPERS GOT BELLYS ALMOST AS BIG AS TROLLY,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,GREAT JOB FELLAS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

Hitts0n
06-10-2012, 12:20 PM
You guys were out there pretty thick last night!Nice lil reunion!
I still havent caught a wiper ! Congrats on quaifying! I heard most of the crew qualified!
You guys will be a force to be competing against this year !! Thanks for reporting!

Hometown
06-10-2012, 12:28 PM
It was great see you Terry congrats on qualfing buddy

Big Daddy
06-10-2012, 03:34 PM

Nice report Pontoon and Trolly looks like a little, Devious, Mad scientist with the glasses onalways figuring a way to get some kitties and with wipers coming out of his ears. lol Great job guys always great seeing and talking to you two. I always get so much info from you two even when your not talking fish. hahahahahhaah It was fun. Til next time my friends.

OC ANGLER
06-10-2012, 10:00 PM
nice going Toon and Trolly !

Wingnut
06-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Team TrollToon Rock! :Big Grin:
Congrats on qualifying for the King of the Cats, well done :Thumbs Up:
Those Wipers must be a blast to catch, good times.
Thanks for the text updates Terry... we gotcha back brother. :Wink:

Rooster
06-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Great report and pics Terry... Love seeing trolly having a blast with his partner in crime... Where is the Lund? Get that thing on the waters and off the driveway :Not Worthy:

5150fishn
06-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Team Trolltoon back at the Vine slaying the kitties and wipers. Great job out there boys. Thanks for the pics! Bummed I missed this one but plenty more to come.

bachiboy
06-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Congratulations on qualifying guys!!! Nice job on the wipers too! Best of luck in the KOC...I'm sure you'll knock em dead!

Don

Which Way Out
06-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Chris and Terry congratulations on qualifying!

Can I get a clean up (Wiper) over here on aisle 3 :LOL:

Good Job men with continued success.

WWO

guide
06-11-2012, 08:58 PM
im glad you slammed them. i always love the smiles on peoples faces when the get a good size one. TERRY HIT ME UP LETS TALK. TEAM TROLLTOON

PONTOON
06-11-2012, 09:03 PM
WHERES THE KITTIES TERRY,,,MAN THEM WIPERS GOT BELLYS ALMOST AS BIG AS TROLLY,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,GREAT JOB FELLAS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

:LOL: Bob, those big ole wipers chased all the kitties away from the spot. The season's just started and hopefully we'll be able to find some bigger kitties next time out. Thanks for the reply T.O.!

You guys were out there pretty thick last night!Nice lil reunion!
I still havent caught a wiper ! Congrats on quaifying! I heard most of the crew qualified!
You guys will be a force to be competing against this year !! Thanks for reporting!

Armando, Thank You! We missed you this weekend. It was definitely great to get to see everyone again out there on the night crew and it was especially cool to see some of the Team get qualified. I'm sure there will be some more qualifying next time out.:Cool:

Mark, Thank You and it was good to see you too Buddy! I'm sure you'll be in the dance before it's all said and done.:Cool:

Nice report Pontoon and Trolly looks like a little, Devious, Mad scientist with the glasses onalways figuring a way to get some kitties and with wipers coming out of his ears. lol Great job guys always great seeing and talking to you two. I always get so much info from you two even when your not talking fish. hahahahahhaah It was fun. Til next time my friends.

Big Daddy! Congratulations to you My Friend!:Cool: Trolly's the mad scientist with or without the glasses. you'd have been proud to see him work in the middle of that feeding frenzy. It's always a pleasure to share the water with you and we'll see you soon.:Thumbs Up:

nice going Toon and Trolly !

OC Angler, Thank you and I hope to see you back out on the lake at the next one.:Cool:

Team TrollToon Rock! :Big Grin:
Congrats on qualifying for the King of the Cats, well done :Thumbs Up:
Those Wipers must be a blast to catch, good times.
Thanks for the text updates Terry... we gotcha back brother. :Wink:

Arthur, Thank You My Brother.........The favor will be paid back and forth.:Thumbs Up: It was suprizing how hard those hybrids fought and Trolly made it a laugh a minute.......two at a time!
Trolly is getting prepared for the challenge so keep an eye out for updates.:Cool:

Great report and pics Terry... Love seeing trolly having a blast with his partner in crime... Where is the Lund? Get that thing on the waters and off the driveway :Not Worthy:

Rob, Thank You! Where's the Lund? Oh, you mean the driveweay princess?:LOL: We've had it out a few times and we'll be showing up in it sometime soon........Location and time....tba.:Cool:

Team Trolltoon back at the Vine slaying the kitties and wipers. Great job out there boys. Thanks for the pics! Bummed I missed this one but plenty more to come.

5150fishn, Thank You! You definitely missed a good one but if memory serves me correctly the night shift get togethers just get better as the season progresses. Hope to see you out there.:Cool:

Congratulations on qualifying guys!!! Nice job on the wipers too! Best of luck in the KOC...I'm sure you'll knock em dead!

Don

Don, Thank You!:Cool: Keep me posted on the surf sessions and I'm hoping to have the oportunity the work the beach with you again sometime in the near future.:Thumbs Up:

Chris and Terry congratulations on qualifying!

Can I get a clean up (Wiper) over here on aisle 3 :LOL:

Good Job men with continued success.

WWO

Bill, Thank You Brother! If you've ever see Trollys boat after one of our night sessions you'll know we need much more than a clean up on aisle 3. :LOL:
Thanks again and hopefully we'll se you on the beach somewhere soon.:Thumbs Up:

PONTOON
06-11-2012, 09:11 PM
im glad you slammed them. i always love the smiles on peoples faces when the get a good size one. TERRY HIT ME UP LETS TALK. TEAM TROLLTOON

guide, I just saw your reply......Thank You!:Cool:

Yes, it is definitely cool to see how catching a nice fish can erase a whole lot of stress and put a smile on a persons face.:Thumbs Up:

It would be a pleasure to have the opportunity to meet up with you and talk. Trolly's told me about you and I'm looking forward to it.

guide
06-11-2012, 09:27 PM
of course we will handle it( much love )in a good way. i love irvine lake and the locals. i was actually camping for the 1st time there this weekend and had a great time. it was tent only but was just what i was looking for. got there in the morning and a guy was passed out in my spot but didnt worry about that and just launched the boat and anchored up by myself and waited for my boys. congrats johnny on your money maker/qualifier/ my spot fish. it was all fun. look forward to this weekend and getting the pattern down. watch out guys here we come.

jerryG
06-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Well done on qualifying guys.. I know you guys are big cat lovers and looks like the guys wipers dialed as well. Its looking like you guys could be the KOWs and KOCs. Good luck in the tournament guys.

JerryG

PONTOON
06-11-2012, 09:38 PM
of course we will handle it( much love )in a good way. i love irvine lake and the locals. i was actually camping for the 1st time there this weekend and had a great time. it was tent only but was just what i was looking for. got there in the morning and a guy was passed out in my spot but didnt worry about that and just launched the boat and anchored up by myself and waited for my boys. congrats johnny on your money maker/qualifier/ my spot fish. it was all fun. look forward to this weekend and getting the pattern down. watch out guys here we come.

Erik, pm sent and yes, Congratulations to Johnny and I have no doubt you'll sew your spot up soon.:Cool:

Well done on qualifying guys.. I know you guys are big cat lovers and looks like the guys wipers dialed as well. Its looking like you guys could be the KOWs and KOCs. Good luck in the tournament guys.

JerryG

Jerry, Thank you for the kind words!:Cool:

I hope the commander doesn't mind one of the brotherhood going rogue every now and then chasing the freshwater giants.:Wink:

Keep up the good work out there and hopefully I'll see you on the beach sometime soon.:Thumbs Up:

olfishergal
06-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Congrats on the wipers and kitties, skipped the opener and opted for 4 beautiful days at Parcher's with some
very good girlfriends. HAD A GREAT TIME REMEMBERING OLD FRIENDS AND PAST TIMES AT pARCHERS. Smitty was as fine as ever ALWAYS AT THE READY TO PUT US ON THE FISHIES. Best I caught over 100 trout. Just got home and glad to
c u guys back at the vine. OFG

troutdog
06-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Congrats on the qualifier Terry, great seeing the Team57 Legends back in action for cat season, see you at the next gathering gents!

TD

iLLest
06-11-2012, 10:41 PM
awesome job guys! you two make an insane team.
Both pics of you guys holding the fish are hilarious,you can tell you guys are having a blast.
Sweet shirts too! hahaha.
Good luck out there guys.

PONTOON
06-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Congrats on the wipers and kitties, skipped the opener and opted for 4 beautiful days at Parcher's with some
very good girlfriends. HAD A GREAT TIME REMEMBERING OLD FRIENDS AND PAST TIMES AT pARCHERS. Smitty was as fine as ever ALWAYS AT THE READY TO PUT US ON THE FISHIES. Best I caught over 100 trout. Just got home and glad to
c u guys back at the vine. OFG

Chris, it's always good to hear from you and Thank You!:Cool:

I wish I could have had to opportunity to make it up to one of the Parchers events and I'm sure just being up there would bring back a lot of fond memories.:Thumbs Up:

Congrats on the qualifier Terry, great seeing the Team57 Legends back in action for cat season, see you at the next gathering gents!

TD

Aaron, Thank You and it was definitely good to see you back on board with the night shift!:Cool:

We'll see you at the next night session.:Thumbs Up:

awesome job guys! you two make an insane team.
Both pics of you guys holding the fish are hilarious,you can tell you guys are having a blast.
Sweet shirts too! hahaha.
Good luck out there guys.

Frank, Thank You! Trolly and I have been working together as a team for quite a while now and the laughs just don't seem to stop. It's even more hilarious when you get Trolly with two fish and not enough hands to reel 'em in.:LOL:

I'm looking forward to hitting the beach with you guys again real soon.:Thumbs Up:

trollmiester
06-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Well buddy thanks for putting up with me another year.sure was fun saturday.I wish we could have took the 24 pictures of the big wipers we caught,but we were too busy laughing.Man all the good people were there at the bbq and at the weigh in.Too bad i did not get to use the new pillow,but it ws non stop action.great weather no wind and water temp at 75.Saw people catching a lot of trout also.Well its cat time at the vine which is the right time for teamtrolltoon.Terry i am still learning a lot about catfishing from u and having a blast.Cant wait till next time buddy.irvine rocks and rolls when its windy.lolololol

Hitts0n
06-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Well buddy thanks for putting up with me another year.sure was fun saturday.I wish we could have took the 24 pictures of the big wipers we caught,but we were too busy laughing.Man all the good people were there at the bbq and at the weigh in.Too bad i did not get to use the new pillow,but it ws non stop action.great weather no wind and water temp at 75.Saw people catching a lot of trout also.Well its cat time at the vine which is the right time for teamtrolltoon.Terry i am still learning a lot about catfishing from u and having a blast.Cant wait till next time buddy.irvine rocks and rolls when its windy.lolololol

Make sure u teach me how to fish in general....lmao !!

PONTOON
06-12-2012, 12:15 PM

Hey Trolly, what do you mean putting up with you for another year? It should be the other way around Buddy.:Cool: I should be thanking you.

I can't forget that first bite saturday night, the reel started screaming and for just a few moments neither one of us could move. Then came the anticipation of a qualifying cat and then.........what......wiper?!:Confused: At least we were able to accomplish what we set out to do. The rest of the season it's just chasing those fish with whiskers and having a good time with friends.

Get that kiddie pole ready Buddy..........you have a mission to complete.:Cool:

Make sure u teach me how to fish in general....lmao !!

Hitts, we got your application and you've been accepted into Trollys class of 2012. We're just trying to decide on when and where to hold the class......online or on the water. Then there's the graduation ceremony. Pending successful completion of what could be a grueling ten minute course.:LOL:

TaperSteve
06-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Team Trolltoon at it again!

Trolly.... the Wiper Slayer!

Pontoon.... congrats on the early qualify!

It was good seeing Trolltoon back out on the water together again. Someones gotta try and keep Trolly under control! Hope you guys can join us at the next qualifier for some of that good grub!

TS

PONTOON
06-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Team Trolltoon at it again!

Trolly.... the Wiper Slayer!

Pontoon.... congrats on the early qualify!

It was good seeing Trolltoon back out on the water together again. Someones gotta try and keep Trolly under control! Hope you guys can join us at the next qualifier for some of that good grub!

TS

TaperSteve, Thank You for the reply!:Cool:

There's no way to get Trolly under control......When he's on a hot bite it's best just to grab the net and get out of his way.:LOL:

Next qualifier we might just be tempted to sample some of that good looking BBQ. Thanks for the invite.:Thumbs Up:

BLUE WAGON
06-12-2012, 07:55 PM
you can count on some good laughs when team trolltoon is in the house.
great to see both of you out there,, was surprised to look over and see pontoon standing there.
hope see ya at the next event

PONTOON
06-12-2012, 09:10 PM
you can count on some good laughs when team trolltoon is in the house.
great to see both of you out there,, was surprised to look over and see pontoon standing there.
hope see ya at the next event

Blue Wagon, Thank You very much for the reply!:Cool:

It was definitely a pleasure to see you again and I'm hoping to see all of you again at the next gathering.:Thumbs Up:

murrieta angler
06-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Hey Terry,
Loved the report and the pictures.
Congrats with your qualifier, we all know that you rock those kitties, especially the biggins...:Wink:
What can you say about Chris....a 1 Man Comedy Team...:Razz:
Take Care Brotha, I'll see you on the sand when you're done playing with the felines...:Big Grin:
Robert
<><

PONTOON
06-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Hey Terry,
Congrats with your qualifier, we all know that you rock those kitties, especially the biggins...:Wink:
Take Care Brotha, I'll see you on the sand when you're done playing with the felines...:Big Grin:
Robert
<><

Robert, Thank you for the reply My Friend!:Cool:

You have to spend a day fishing with Trolly to really see how much fun the guy has catching fish. Any kind of fish.:Wink:

I'm looking forward to hitting the beach with you and the team again real soon.:Thumbs Up:

Hitts0n
06-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Hey Trolly, what do you mean putting up with you for another year? It should be the other way around Buddy.:Cool: I should be thanking you.

I can't forget that first bite saturday night, the reel started screaming and for just a few moments neither one of us could move. Then came the anticipation of a qualifying cat and then.........what......wiper?!:Confused: At least we were able to accomplish what we set out to do. The rest of the season it's just chasing those fish with whiskers and having a good time with friends.

Get that kiddie pole ready Buddy..........you have a mission to complete.:Cool:

Hitts, we got your application and you've been accepted into Trollys class of 2012. We're just trying to decide on when and where to hold the class......online or on the water. Then there's the graduation ceremony. Pending successful completion of what could be a grueling ten minute course.:LOL:

on the waters....lol...see you guys real soon =)

Hey Terry,
Robert
<><

Whats up Rob !!