PDA

View Full Version : Catfish Opener. . ...

Moochie2124
06-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Hit up thee Vine last night and boy was it grand. Started off extremely slow for me in the morning/afternoon with very few bites happening. but then around 6 (magic hour) thats waht i call it. the lake went bananas. i fished thee flats and my granddad and i caught our limit on shrimp mackerel and whatever else you would put in front of these fiesty fish. upon leaving we saw a ton of anglers gathered together right at thee end of thee bot dock and they were absolutely slaying thee cats. Yea no one wants to here thee story of thee one that got away but had one break me off on 40lb power pro braid riight at thee boat it happens didnt have that drag set riight and i had caught a few on that same pole so i figured thee line was frayed. i guess it was a 10lber not like i was in thee tourny anyways. But i post pics later.

Hitts0n
06-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Cool deal! Looking forward to the pics and thanks for reporting!

Fishingmonkee
06-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Hit up thee Vine last night and boy was it grand. Started off extremely slow for me in the morning/afternoon with very few bites happening. but then around 6 (magic hour) thats waht i call it. the lake went bananas. i fished thee flats and my granddad and i caught our limit on shrimp mackerel and whatever else you would put in front of these fiesty fish. upon leaving we saw a ton of anglers gathered together right at thee end of thee bot dock and they were absolutely slaying thee cats. Yea no one wants to here thee story of thee one that got away but had one break me off on 40lb power pro braid riight at thee boat it happens didnt have that drag set riight and i had caught a few on that same pole so i figured thee line was frayed. i guess it was a 10lber not like i was in thee tourny anyways. But i post pics later.

what part of the flats were you at? i was at the bend and did not catch anything.

Moochie2124
06-11-2012, 03:37 PM
i was fishing near thee dock in thee flats metered a nice hole and anchored down

troutdog
06-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Nice going on the cats, the bite was crazy as the sun went down!

TD