PDA

View Full Version : After the charter boats are done for the day...pollution??

synenergy52
08-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Do they use soap to scrub down the boat and rinse it into the bay? I just thought about this. Maybe they use a soap that doesn't harm the environment?? Just a thought I had. I could of swore I always see soap suds while they scrub the deck. Maybe I'm wrong.

Fish Dog
08-22-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm pretty sure they're using some sort of biodegradable type of soap. If not the EPA, DFG, NMF, Coastal Commission, etc. would probably be all over that.

spiceguy
08-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Most likely they use Simple Green......

Wildhorse1966
08-22-2007, 04:40 PM

hmm i always remember smelling bleach ... but its been a long time sence i have been on a moo moo

ghetto dad
08-22-2007, 06:35 PM
ummm

pineapple express
08-23-2007, 12:06 AM

hmm i always remember smelling bleach ... but its been a long time sence i have been on a moo moo

yup... i recall smelling that nasty bleach smell too.
i always wondered the same thing...
it can't be good for the ocean & marine life.

gnfshn
08-23-2007, 01:34 AM
they use raw water from the ocean and have never seen soap used but it's been 10 years on a moo moo and I know they didn't use soap or bleach then. Soap is too much work to get off after it being clean bubbles everywhere. Bleach you smelled is for those in the bathroom for those that couldn't aim right. scrub brush and muscles. usually done before the entrance of a harbor. If you are so worried about this ask the captain. He has so many rules to go by I'm sure this is one of them.

Fish Dog
08-23-2007, 08:42 AM

I'm sure, back in the past, they used bleach, soap and all kinds of other nasty stuff. Hell, I can remember, many years ago, (30+), them bagging up the trash at the end of the day an tossing it in the water...times have changed.