PDA

View Full Version : wheres the cats?

reelgurlzfish
06-08-2012, 07:33 PM
so rumor has it cerritos wasnt stocked. ..sooooo where can i find the cats this weekend?

Cartman
06-08-2012, 08:13 PM
so rumor has it cerritos wasnt stocked. ..sooooo where can i find the cats this weekend?

The DFG site now shows catfish stockings. I sent an email to the IT dept at the DFG. They said they hadn't been getting data for catfish stocking, but they would look in to it, and now they seem to have fixed it, so you can now go to the DFG site and see where they did stock the catfish. They also have a toll free number you can call for a recording.

manuel149
06-08-2012, 08:15 PM
MacArthor park has a kids derby tomorrow till noon then it's open for all

reelgurlzfish
06-08-2012, 08:26 PM
thanks for the info. i did listen to the recording earlier and they did report cerritos and el dorado but then on another post i was told they didn't stock. then i was told they were stocked Wednesday. lol

etucker1959
06-10-2012, 03:54 PM
thanks for the info. i did listen to the recording earlier and they did report cerritos and el dorado but then on another post i was told they didn't stock. then i was told they were stocked Wednesday. lol

I would like to correct my earlier post of no stocking at Cerritos. To no tell tale evidence they stocked at Cerritos. I eye balled the situation myself so this came from first hand knowledge. As of Friday there was no big crowd of fishermen, I counted 5 people fishing in the big lake. Secondly no evidence of hungry catfish, nobody caught anything. Third in talking to everybody, nobody new anything about the lake being stocked this week. I put it all together and ASSUMED which I know your not suppose to do, they didn't stock the lake. Along with Cerritos being in the south LA stocking group, and the DFG was stocking mostly north LA this week. I'm sorry, most of my post that I make you can take to the bank just not that one. On the other hand, boy I am going to try to spin this story to try to cover my arse. My first post when asked about catfish at Cerritos, I said they will be stocking this week and you should start checking on the lake starting Wed. Had you done that, you would have hit the catfish right on the head.

smokehound
06-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Even if they hadn't stocked the catfish, there were still plenty from last year swimming around.

I did notice the cats werent huge like they were last year.

reelgurlzfish
06-11-2012, 05:53 PM
lol i appreciate all and any info. i did chance it and caught nothing. some people were more successful than me. :-P but as the saying goes ...thats why they call it fishing and not catching.... lol

etucker1959
06-11-2012, 08:10 PM
lol i appreciate all and any info. i did chance it and caught nothing. some people were more successful than me. :-P but as the saying goes ...thats why they call it fishing and not catching.... lol

If your betting on Clark you might be in trouble. The last stocking was a complete fubar. Iv'e been looking for the rangers to talk to them and they are nowhere to be found. There is that other nearby lake you might want to consider. Just a reminder to everyone, there only two more DFG stockings this month and then the DFG goes on vacation. They will probably then start stocking catfish again about the time the kids go back to school. Look for my summer postings of catfish in the San Bernadino lakes.

reelgurlzfish
06-11-2012, 08:39 PM
i had a good weekend at Clark after the stock. farmed a few Sat and Sunday but landed 6. to me that's not shabby. report on the phone says la mirada is this week.

etucker1959
06-11-2012, 09:03 PM
i had a good weekend at Clark after the stock. farmed a few Sat and Sunday but landed 6. to me that's not shabby. report on the phone says la mirada is this week.

I'm glad you caught some fish at Clark. When I say fubar, Clark normally bites for day's after they stock it and what you got was all there was. If your thinking of LM, try to get there as quick as you can for it doesn't last long. Drop by and say hello, the next time your at Clark.

smokehound
06-11-2012, 09:28 PM
If your betting on Clark you might be in trouble. The last stocking was a complete fubar. Iv'e been looking for the rangers to talk to them and they are nowhere to be found. There is that other nearby lake you might want to consider. Just a reminder to everyone, there only two more DFG stockings this month and then the DFG goes on vacation. They will probably then start stocking catfish again about the time the kids go back to school. Look for my summer postings of catfish in the San Bernadino lakes.the DFG doesn't plant catfish... =\

It's private companies that do so, namely the imperial cat farm..

etucker1959
06-11-2012, 10:03 PM
the DFG doesn't plant catfish... =\

You got me on that one. It should read the DFG pay's for catfish to be stocked in your local lakes and ponds.

smokehound
06-11-2012, 10:05 PM
You got me on that one. It should read the DFG pay's for catfish to be stocked in your local lakes and ponds.Actually it should read that the city pays for that =P

etucker1959
06-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Actually it should read that the city pays for that =P

Why do you say the CITY?

fish4keep
06-12-2012, 07:31 AM
the DFG doesn't plant catfish... =\

You should listen to etucker1959. He knows what he's talking about. TECHNICALLY it is the DFG that stock the parks (well it's the fisherman?). True DFG don't get their hands dirty with the manual stocking BUT DFG is the one that pays Imperial catfish farm and usually there's a DFG agent that accompany the employee of Imperial catfish farm. Also stocking are NOT paid by the city. If it was then their wouldn't be any missing stocking within the summer months. The reason why, there are some summer month where the catfish doesn't get stock is because of the new fiscal year for the state. The sooner the state sign a new budget, the sooner the $$$ gets sorted and the sooner the parks get stock. Its a STATE stocking, not city................

etucker1959
06-12-2012, 01:20 PM
You should listen to etucker1959. He knows what he's talking about. TECHNICALLY it is the DFG that stock the parks (well it's the fisherman?). True DFG don't get their hands dirty with the manual stocking BUT DFG is the one that pays Imperial catfish farm and usually there's a DFG agent that accompany the employee of Imperial catfish farm. Also stocking are NOT paid by the city. If it was then their wouldn't be any missing stocking within the summer months. The reason why, there are some summer month where the catfish doesn't get stock is because of the new fiscal year for the state. The sooner the state sign a new budget, the sooner the $$$ gets sorted and the sooner the parks get stock. Its a STATE stocking, not city................

Great answer everything 100% correct. But in defense of smokehound, (I can't believe I'm writing that) lol there is other parties who do put fish in our lakes in addition to the DFG. I'm speaking mostly of catfish, but in some cases trout too. The county is another party who put's catfish in our lakes. Not just LA county, but Orange county too. The May 5, 2012 Orange county lakes stockings were paid for by the county. Another group which is a hodgepodge of people that donate money to put fish in our lakes, do so for KID'S FISHING DERBIES. Anyone can donate money to those: city's, Don Knuabe, fishing clubs and private donation etc. The one big exception that I know about, that a city alone paid for a lake to be restocked was Laguna Lake in Fullerton. In July 2006 Laguna lake after being completely drained and refilled, the city alone did pay to have that lake restocked. I might also add that Laguna lake is one of the few city owned lakes we have that is on the DFG stocking schedule. I want to close in that fish4keep is right, that most all of our lakes stockings do come from the DFG.