PDA

View Full Version : Riverwalker's photo of Lundy lake

kelly k
06-08-2012, 12:02 AM
From the picture from Riverwalker's post on East Sierra fish report of Lundy lake with the milky blue water, A question of "how long does it take for the water to clear up when this happens? I'm thinking of heading up there, however if the water is like that, fishing might not be a good thing.

Thanks, K

sierraslam
06-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Lundy has filled up fast with the snow melt. There was 50 yards of bare ground before the tree line a month ago. I have always done much better when the water level is low, and the lake is kind of ugly. I'd wait until fall when the water drops to fish there. that's just my take though.. I did catch a lot of little stocked trout back in May.

kelly k
06-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Lundy has filled up fast with the snow melt. There was 50 yards of bare ground before the tree line a month ago. I have always done much better when the water level is low, and the lake is kind of ugly. I'd wait until fall when the water drops to fish there. that's just my take though.. I did catch a lot of little stocked trout back in May.

Sierraslam thanks for posting a reply, Even with the water that color you did catch fish. I was a little apprehensive about going up there. I agree with you about the early season and fall when the fish concentrate along the inlet and the mud so thick you can lose a boot. Ha ha

K

sierraslam
06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
The water was not that color a month ago. I think it's just silt from the glacier and snow melt.The fish are there, maybe it's just better to fish Lundy from a tube or a boat when it's really full. Ya, I've done the mud up to my knees trick at the inlet. No fun.

phishin phool
06-11-2012, 08:59 PM
I fished Lundy last thursday morning and it was great near inlet. In the afternoon I noticed similar water coloring mid lake and nearer the dam, along with above expanations I think sunlight has something to do with as well as the wind. It wasn't like this in the morning
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k582/teryherm1/100_0383.jpg
afternoon
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k582/teryherm1/100_0363.jpg
morning

kelly k
06-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Phishin phool,Thanks for sharing, that picture in the morning is awsome, I don't think I have seen it that glassy!

K

Trouteaser
06-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Hey Kelly K, I was there May 19-21 and we slayed em from float tubes at the inlet. Water was clear and high. 4 tubers easily landed over 100 fish both days. We were using jigs just about any color. Have fun! Hope this helps.

kelly k
06-13-2012, 06:28 AM
Hey Kelly K, I was there May 19-21 and we slayed em from float tubes at the inlet. Water was clear and high. 4 tubers easily landed over 100 fish both days. We were using jigs just about any color. Have fun! Hope this helps.

Hi Trouteaser, I'm starting to think you guys that float tube have an advantage on the troll, I have'nt been able to duplicate that speed on my boat, I may have to ditch the boat and get a tube, ha ha. Thanks for the input.

K