PDA

View Full Version : silverwood report

Wg plastics
06-07-2012, 04:48 PM
hi guys new to site,names will.silverwood lake is my home lake,i fish it twice a week,i love fishing for lmb.the bite has been off the charts this year at the wood.alot of fish on reaction baits,swimbaits and drop shot(my own hand pours),weve been averaging 20 fish a day,with one awesome 48 fish day,heres a few pics of some nice ones we got,including two 5s,heading up tom will give report after

Perris_holic
06-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Wassup Will. How is silverwood from the shore? Ive never been but been thinking about trying it out

Wg plastics
06-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Its ok from shore,I usually go off the fire road by the dam to shore fish,couple nice catfish spots in the back too.that's if your down for a hike lol,getting close to frog time with the weeds coming up,did really good on the frogs last year fishing the mat.other than that dropshot,rattle traps and spinnerbaits been killing it lately,colors are red to purple,I pour my own worms so I get to experiment with colors,been pouring a 4 in,in an oxblood,/motorola color with red a blue flake,hasn't let me down yet

fshnritchey
06-08-2012, 07:21 AM
hi guys new to site,names will.silverwood lake is my home lake,i fish it twice a week,i love fishing for lmb.the bite has been off the charts this year at the wood.alot of fish on reaction baits,swimbaits and drop shot(my own hand pours),weve been averaging 20 fish a day,with one awesome 48 fish day,heres a few pics of some nice ones we got,including two 5s,heading up tom will give report after

Hey Will, nice catch!! I have only fished Silverwood a few times. Let me know if you would like to go out some time. I will bring my boat and maybe we can roll out for some frog fishing. I also live on a private lake and will return the favor with an incredible jig/ chatterbait bite.

unreal toad
06-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Hoz the striped bass fishing doing ? I remember that back in late 70's some of those stripers ran about 19-26 lbs

fishinarteest
06-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Hoz the striped bass fishing doing ? I remember that back in late 70's some of those stripers ran about 19-26 lbs

stripers havent been that big since about the late 90's. most stripers now are only about 4-8lbs on average because theres way too many stripers in our lakes, so they dont get big anymore. Some places in cali you can get em huge though.

Wg plastics
06-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Sounds good to me ,we should set something up

Wg plastics
06-08-2012, 02:05 PM

its been picking up from what ive been hearing,alot of 5 -10 lbers being caught around the marina and chemise cove.saw a huge school boiling the other day on the backside.as far as size yes there are big stripers in this lake,lastweek i saw a striper belly up in a cove.i motored over to check it out,it was pushing 25 lbs had a slow sink bbz1 stuck to his face,partially in his gills.so ya i came up on a new swim bait lol,found a broke off lunker plunker too,lastyear i got broke off on a floater bbz1 trout on 25 lb test

seal
06-08-2012, 02:07 PM
stripers havent been that big since about the late 90's. most stripers now are only about 4-8lbs on average because theres way too many stripers in our lakes, so they dont get big anymore. Some places in cali you can get em huge though.

Huh? Sorry to disagree there are many big stripers in Silverwood they have been caught up in the 35lbs range this year but it's not easy.

Silverwood is still the premiere big striper lake in So Cal in my opinion.

seal
06-08-2012, 02:09 PM
its been picking up from what ive been hearing,alot of 5 -10 lbers being caught around the marina and chemise cove.saw a huge school boiling the other day on the backside.as far as size yes there are big stripers in this lake,lastweek i saw a striper belly up in a cove.i motored over to check it out,it was pushing 25 lbs had a slow sink bbz1 stuck to his face,partially in his gills.so ya i came up on a new swim bait lol,found a broke off lunker plunker too,lastyear i got broke off on a floater bbz1 trout on 25 lb test

That's my BBZ give it back:Big Grin:!!!!

By the way see you out there often.

Wg plastics
06-08-2012, 02:14 PM
That's my BBZ give it back:Big Grin:!!!!

By the way see you out there often.

say hello next time lol

seal
06-08-2012, 02:23 PM
say hello next time lol

I have if you are who I think you are, we've talked a couple times. I'll be in a kayak on Sunday if your there don't run me over:LOL:!

Oh and I have lost a few floaters to fish but I haven't lost a slow sing BBZ this year but I know a dude that fishes nothing but slow sink BBZ that slaughters the big ones. Not sure why I seem to be stuck in the teens but that dude keeps pulling out brutes! Ok maybe it has something to do with him being there at 3:00am quite often, I hate the early morning shift!

kingfish2
06-08-2012, 03:37 PM
where do you guys park to fish in the middle of the night there. i see areas to park but do you need a pass?

kingfish2
06-08-2012, 03:50 PM
nice catches by the way cant wait to get back out there hoping to sneak out somtime this weekend

seal
06-08-2012, 04:07 PM
You can park at most turnouts on the lake side, no pass necessary. Watch out by the dam and over at Chemise turnout, occasionally there have been vehicles broken into, especially at Chemise (if you see broken glass it is not a good sign!).

The swimbait bite is slowing down, last trout plant went in a couple weeks ago and probably no more plants at the Marina this year, one more scheduled for Miller. The big girls aren't crazy about the warmer water and will be deep but if you fish at night you still have a chance at um.

ghost2uu
06-08-2012, 07:30 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Your joking right?

Geraldlim
06-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Just a couple of weeks ago my buddy got a 21 lb in my boat.
Unfortunately it wasn't me LOL.

stocker
06-08-2012, 09:36 PM
The chemise turnout is a invite for the tweakers to break in plain and simple-like seal says there's fresh broken glass on a consistent basis. I'd go to the last turn-out and walk into Cleghorn or go onto the dirt road by the damn and fish the coves. Leave nothing in plain sight in your vehicle and alarm or club it. I'd w/o a doubt go with a partner and carry a handgun if you have one. There's a lot of outlaws up there including 'fishermen'--that is if live trout and sling nets are considered fishing.

Wg plastics
06-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Hey Will, nice catch!! I have only fished Silverwood a few times. Let me know if you would like to go out some time. I will bring my boat and maybe we can roll out for some frog fishing. I also live on a private lake and will return the favor with an incredible jig/ chatterbait bite.

Sounds like a plan,always looking for a fishing buddy,lets do it lol

adiablo420
06-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Great report.... Nice job on the hand pours.. That's pretty cool stuff. I fish sometimes twice a week but at least once.. I'll be there Sunday on my float tube with a Buddy fishing Cleghorn.. Been doing pretty good myselfn
. Names Angel.. See you out there Will.

Wg plastics
06-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Great report.... Nice job on the hand pours.. That's pretty cool stuff. I fish sometimes twice a week but at least once.. I'll be there Sunday on my float tube with a Buddy fishing Cleghorn.. Been doing pretty good myselfn
. Names Angel.. See you out there Will.

Sunday huh,lakea starting to get crazy on the weekends,I went a couple sundays ago and some dude drowned.good luck,see you out there some time,let us know how you do

adiablo420
06-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Sunday huh,lakea starting to get crazy on the weekends,I went a couple sundays ago and some dude drowned.good luck,see you out there some time,let us know how you do

I hear ya.. Work mon- fri.. Live my weekends but sometimes wish had a weekday off...
I get there when they open and bounce after a few hours.. Will definitely post up...

Cartman
06-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Welcome to FNN, Will. Looks like you got Silverwood bass dialed.