PDA

View Full Version : Not 'bout the fish, more 'bout the fishing

Re8elmonk0341
06-07-2012, 03:08 PM
The wife had "coffee with the wives" in the battalion This morning which means I'd drop her and the rug rats off, make some kind of excuse why I can't be at "work" and headed to Camp Del Mar to do some fishing. I packed and staged my gear last night. Only having a little over an hour to fish I only brought steamed mussels as bait for perch or croaker species.

Considering it takes me about 20-25 minutes to get to Del Mar, I really only have 30 minutes to fish. I walked down a bit, bait up, then hooked up. I caught (2) BSP, 1 about 12", the other 4".

Everything about this morning and the conditions was perfect. Looks like it's going a beautiful season.

Sometimes it's not about the fish you catch but just spending time in nature and wetting the line. Glad I didn't skunk out but it wouldn't matter. A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. We're truly blessed!

Thanks for reading & God bless!

-m0nk

P.S. I didn't use the LC so nothing was hit with it today.

Which Way Out
06-07-2012, 06:23 PM
There ya go. Getting on the water is where it all starts.

BTW, do you guys get to fish any of the camp beaches?

Re8elmonk0341
06-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Del Mar is open to fish 7 days a week, Red Beach- only weekend IF there's no training (have to call base game warden), San Onofre is open to 7 days also.

SP Dan
06-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi ya Re8elmonk0341,

I can't agree with you more.....it relaxes my soul to be in the salt.

Where we differ a little bit is this......for me to thoroughly break down, clean, dry, oil, lube and put away all of my gear takes approx 1 1/2 hours....so I need to put in at least two (2) hours of fishing in order for me to justify the sanding and salting up of all of my gear. On the other hand......If I catch fish...it's an added plus! :Wink: And I do try to catch fish!

Thanx Rith for the fish report! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Re8elmonk0341
06-08-2012, 07:00 PM
It relaxes my mind, body, soul, and spirit!

Every chance I get to spend on the beach is a blessing. Catchin' fish is an added bonus.

As far as my gear, I just take it in the shower with me hahaha kill 2 birds with one stone. "Work smarter, not harde....rah!"

More 'ports to come, even if it's not about catching fish hahaha so lurkers won't get any intel from me lol.

-m0nk

smokehound
06-10-2012, 01:47 PM
it's a different story for me, I dont have the luxury of a quick car ride, takes me an hour and a half just to travel 17 miles on the bus.. I better catch a fish :LOL:

Bass fishing can be an arduous task, especially in the harbor, where you have to cast carefully, some people get po'ed when you rush onto their private dock to retrieve a lure you snagged on the mooring.

Wingnut
06-11-2012, 10:47 AM
True that... :Cool: Catching fish is simply a bonus. :Wink: