PDA

View Full Version : Upper this evening.......yeah, right!

Thebake
06-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Sooooo, how many times have YOU gone to the upper only to turn around b/c the ramp is closed? Probably not as many as me. :Big Grin: I swear, I look at the weather everywhere I can and think "ah, they gotta still be open". Nope, not happening. Not to mention the Castaic site's weather has been off line for a few days. Someone needs to create a link that they can update when they close the ramp. Drug two families, dinner, a few rods and the boat up there this evening only to turn around. Well, the good thing is I took the opportunity to update my season pass on the ol' dodge. Money well spent. No worries though, fish tacos will just have to wait another day or two.

koifish
06-07-2012, 06:33 AM
I see your location is Santa Clarita. So everytime when the wind blow strong at your house then there should be much more windy at Castaic. You can call them ahead of time before you come since there is only 15 minute to Castaic from your house.

Hitts0n
06-07-2012, 05:59 PM
I see your location is Santa Clarita. So everytime when the wind blow strong at your house then there should be much more windy at Castaic. You can call them ahead of time before you come since there is only 15 minute to Castaic from your house.

Even the wind was blowing 13mph and i'm in the valley so i'm sure u knew it was going to be windy.
I was fishing shore this day and by 7:30 it was over 20mph.

www.undergroudweather.com (http://www.undergroudweather.com) add it to ur favotites.

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-11-2012, 02:06 PM
U can always go to pyramid on those days...winds are never as much of an issue as castaic there....plus they do not close the ramp.

Thebake
06-12-2012, 02:18 PM
U can always go to pyramid on those days...winds are never as much of an issue as castaic there....plus they do not close the ramp.

That's usually the plan but this was an late afternoon sesh and they had already closed the ramp by then. Thanks for the info guys.