PDA

View Full Version : New Post From Surf Fishing Rookie =P

lifewith714
06-06-2012, 12:16 PM
I haven't posted in awhile. Been very busy with work and family. Was able to take a little break and actually catch some fish. I'm still learning how to fish from the surf. Consider myself a rookie for the new few years!

Got to the water about 6am. Some surfer guy said the water temp was about 64 or so. The waves were low and the water was coming in. There was a lot of seaweed or aka "salad" on shore but the water looked fairly clear. I brough two fishing poles. A 6'6'' rod that i was gonna do a b&w with mussel. The other was a 7'6'' pole setup with a camo sandworm. After about 40 mins of casting and nothing. Finally I saw my 6'6 bend. It gave me a good fight. Pulled in a SFC after about 10mins. Rebaited my line and threw it back in! An hour past the pole bent again. Went to grab it and set the hook. BAM! My pole broke. It was stuck on a bunch of seaweed. Threw that pole on the beach and kept on fishing. LOL I kept fishing my other rod in the surf and was catching alot of surf perch. Most were about 6-8inches. I did manage two fair large surf perch in my opinion as a rookie in the surf. Called it quits around 9 when the tides was pushing more salad everywhere.

SFC

16in 1lb 6oz

Surf Perch

12in 1lb 2oz

10in 1lb 1oz

SP Dan
06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Hi ya lifewith714,

Welcome back to the site and of course.....surf fishing! :Thumbs Up:
You picked a terrific time to pick it up again.......the large models have arrived!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

DockRat
06-07-2012, 05:49 AM
WTG, Thanks for the post.
DR

I*B*CATCHIN
06-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Wtg......on your first time back ......nice spottie .....I'm still looking for my first spottie