PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a captain and boat for Father's day trip

toofastq
06-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Hello fellow FNNers,

I recently made a reservation out of davey's locker for June 17. Want to take my dad, father in-law, and brother in-law out for some local salt water action as a Father's day gift. I'm kind of second guessing going on a cattle boat especially after seeing some posts lately with the barracuda bite. I am really looking for a nice time with family minus the drama of all the other cattle on the moo moos.
If anybody has any recommendations please pm me. I am willing to pay for gas and whatever other costs might be needed. I would also need some references, if your willing to take me and my family out.

Thanks everybody and I'll be sure to post the results of this....

Tight lines,

Toofastq

tunagod1
06-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Quite a cost difference between the two trips. 6-10 pack charters can range from $1800 for half days to $3500 for a full day. Plan on 350 - 450 per person not including tips for crew.

Just to give you an idea, I have a 23' Robalo cuddy cabin w a 225 2 stroke mercury.

tow down to local marina $40
Fuel for boat 120 gallons @$4.00/gal. = $480, burns 80 gal to do a typical Catalina trip (front and back side) 80 @$4.00 = $320
2 stroke oil $30/gal. = $45
Bait - fin bait 2 scoops = $75
launch fee $12
squid opt. $55/scoop

$547 total, that doesn't include food and drinks, loss of tackle.boat cleanup etc.

tuna out

tunagod1
06-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Options 10 pack ( one of the best WSB boats in siocal) $3500 charter approx overniter

Mako Matt's tackle in HB has two boats that he charters 1/2 day - 2 days depending on what you want to catch.

Tuna out

toofastq
06-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Hey Tuna,
Thanks so much for the info. I looked into 6 packs and they are definitely pricy. Your info on the cost of taking a boat out is eye opening as well. I didn't know there was so many extra costs involved in taking a boat out even after you bought the boat. Appreciate the info!!

Tfq