PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear trolling

DrePSP
06-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Since I sold my boat last year, I have not spend as much time fishing as I used to. Ill taking my kids up to BBL this weekend for the derby. Normally I know what the bite is but not this year. Last year my daughter got first place in kids group. get a sweet lead core set up we plan on using this year.
Ill be renting a pontoon a boat from Holloways. Plan on doing some trollin if kids get bored then Ill anchor and use some PB or maybe cast out some spinners.
I know there are tubers on here. but I wont have that luxury/freedom with kids.
So any help on trolling lures that are on right now. would appreciate. Thanks, Dre

Skyler
06-06-2012, 08:27 AM
The trout triangle from windy point to the dam, then toward boulder bay. Needlefish are a good bet. Try various depths until you find ' em. About 1.5 mph.

DarkShadow
06-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Listen to Skyler.

He's a master at trolling.

christopherstellar
06-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Fish are holding in the thermocline, between 15 to 20 ft. I had success last weekend trolling 3-4 colors using needlefish that had either orange or pink in them. Try size 1 Humpy Specials and Flo Pink Chrt UV. I trolled between Zebra Room and Garstin Island.

Skyler
06-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Listen to Skyler.

He's a master at trolling.

http://chzjustcapshunz.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/funny-animal-captions-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

SlayinRainbows
06-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm glad you guys are talking about this, I just bought my first boat and I can't wait to try trolling. Can you successfully troll big bear lake year round? (Minus when the lake is frozen)

christainmetalhead909
06-06-2012, 10:02 PM
i used to go up with my boat almost every weekend, get some leadcore and go about 3 or 4 colors, i like the smaller thomas buoyant rainbow trout color or the gold with fake scales into the side. small fat cranks work great too with a wide wobble action. if yout not catching anything try to go deeper if you cant get any lead core set ups try using a 3 way swivel on with a small leader to a weight the other to a lure with at least a 3 foot leader its ghetto but it worked well for me up there. good luck hope this helped a little.

MustHuntAndFish
06-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Was up there Memorial Weekend... Trolled from 8:30 a.m. till about 2:30 p.m. Between 3 of us we boated 10 trout, a bass and 2 catfish... First time I ever saw catfish caught on the troll. We also farmed 5 or 6. Most were caught on nightcrawlers behind flashers or dodgers. A couple on needlefish. We had 2 lead core setups and one mono line dragging flashers. Spent most of the time trolling the north shore at about 3 - 4 colors deep. Good grade of fish too... Only one dink...

DrePSP
06-07-2012, 06:28 AM
thanks guys, as Ive said. I trolled the lake alot last year with great success. I just havent this year so I nice to see the same still holds.