PDA

View Full Version : NPH: Robbed by a YFC!

smokehound
06-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Spent an AM session at newport yesterday, arrived an hour late, and had to fish the slack tide..

Checked out the legion and saw a nice corbina cruising the shallows over a scallop bed.. purchased some new yum lures, which i dont like for two reasons: #1-- the wooly brush hog wannabe is FRAGILE. Theyre ruined after one fish. #2-- The trailer craws have the dreaded ANISE scent which repels fish! (two bass, attracted to the color nose-bumped and swam away in terror)

I prefer the actual brush-hog, as the body of it is stiffer, which the baybass seem to prefer..

Anyways, I tossed the wooly brush hog knockoff near the corbina, and while crossing my fingers, he actually bit the lure and got hooked! Unfortunately, he jumped as soon as I set the hook, and threw it! DAMNIT.

After that, this douchebag comes up to me and starts saying crap like: "You're never gonna catch anything here.., You should just go home."

Then right when he finished that sentence SLAM!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/smokehound/IMG_20120604_084458.jpg
Hahaha what a dick.

Then I got super mad.. I had this HUGE sand bass creeping on my lure right at the apex of the high tide, He was inching in until he was only a foot away.. then this punkass obese YFC darts in and snatches my plastic..

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/smokehound/IMG_20120604_092126.jpg

I tried to catch that bass again, but he wised up to me, tried checking back an hour later, but he was too smart.

I checked the big pipe out, and there were some really nice opaleye and sargo launching an attack on the shore crabs.. I could have caught a few but I didn't feel like shucking mussels..

That stupid croaker!!! Still a nice fish, though. jammed out around 2pm..

skunked4life
06-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Nice job on the Bass! Thieving YFC...that's funny.

bassfishing24/7
06-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Nice job out there On ur solo mission!!way to show up the a hole w that sbb!!:Applause:

DockRat
06-06-2012, 07:08 AM
' Then this punkass obese YFC '
That's Funny. Thanks for the write up.
DR

SP Dan
06-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi ya smokehound,

I feel your anger brotha! Well...at least you gave that YFC a fat lip for messing with you on your bass hunt! :Smash: ha ha ha!

Thanx for the fun read with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

smokehound
06-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Hahaha yeah, I gave him a black eye too. lol for some reason I keep hooking fish so the barb pops through the eye socket :LOL:

Thank you for the replies.