PDA

View Full Version : summer time fishing qurstions Help team 57!

DynoDan
06-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Hey guys if anyone can lend me some info on crappie and catfish. Things to look for and baits to use. I will.be heading.out Friday afternoon. So any info would be a big help. Thanks. Fish on & Godbless!

Big Daddy
06-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey guys if anyone can lend me some info on crappie and catfish. Things to look for and baits to use. I will.be heading.out Friday afternoon. So any info would be a big help. Thanks. Fish on & Godbless!

Hey Bro. look in the tips of the month Taper Steve did a nice right up on the cats. Fresh Mackeral and Shrimp for the cats. Send Josh a PM he and TS have killed some nice stringers of crappie and will have the low down there. I may see you out there been nursing a bad back for a few weeks not sure if I will make it or not. There is a tourney on saturday some of the other guys will give you lots of info if your there but they will all most likely be there Friday also. Hope to see uou soon.

TaperSteve
06-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Hey Bro. look in the tips of the month Taper Steve did a nice right up on the cats. Fresh Mackeral and Shrimp for the cats. Send Josh a PM he and TS have killed some nice stringers of crappie and will have the low down there. I may see you out there been nursing a bad back for a few weeks not sure if I will make it or not. There is a tourney on saturday some of the other guys will give you lots of info if your there but they will all most likely be there Friday also. Hope to see uou soon.

Ohh man Big D we've been missing you out there! Hope you feel better soon....

If you do decide to come out on Saturday I'd be more than happy to help you launch your boat or anything else you'd need help with.

TS

Big Daddy
06-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks TS I am penciling myself in along with 2 Quick. Really looking forward to seeing everybody.

Hometown
06-05-2012, 08:21 PM
cool Big Daddy and 2Quick

Hometown
06-05-2012, 08:26 PM
As far as Crappie fishing I like to drift along the trees and bush lines in about 20 feet of water with white gulp minnows tipped with nibblets durring the day.At night hang a floating light out and wait for the food chain to build up hour or so and the crappie will find the bait but you need to anchor

DynoDan
06-06-2012, 02:03 PM
As far as Crappie fishing I like to drift along the trees and bush lines in about 20 feet of water with white gulp minnows tipped with nibblets durring the day.At night hang a floating light out and wait for the food chain to build up hour or so and the crappie will find the bait but you need to anchor

Thanks Home town ill try that should i cast twards the trees or the none tree side? thanks again. DYNO OUT!

troutdog
06-07-2012, 10:47 PM
I have done well fishing a meal worm under a bobber close to the trees with one rod and twitching white tube jigs with a crappie nibble on the hook....cast towards the trees, away from the trees, off the bottom, a few feet under the surface etc. Switch it up until you find where the fish are holding. For the kittys just ditch the weights and flyline a strip of fresh mack on a 1/0 close to the trees, last year the cats were tight to the tree to start the season....good luck and let us know how you fare!

TD