PDA

View Full Version : Bassin at the pudd help? (pics)

fishermanx14
06-04-2012, 06:12 PM
hey guys i just realized a have tons of bass lures and plastics but have never actually caught a bass over a pound at the pudd.My uncle gave me a crap ton of bass stuff that i have no idea would work. Anyone have any suggestion on these baits? Retrieves and rigging?
From left to right,
White curl tail swimbait, White paddle-tail swimbait, Bronze curl tail swimbait, 2 rainbow trrout swimbaits (the bigger one being 4 1/2 in.) and a green black blue and yellowish clear swimbait, and a green and yellowish clear swimbait
(from left to right) salted blue and neon green senko type worm, pink curltail worm, pinkish red and black curltail worm,blueish pink /w blue flakes curl tail worm, blue and black senko with flakes, purple curl tail worm.The biggest in this pic is 5 in.
(TOP ROW) black on top yellow on bottom tpowater, squarbill carnkbait (SHAD COLOR), deep diving shad crankbait, yellow and red crankbait, 3/8 oz football head black and blue jig
(bottom row) Black silver and white rapala, yellow frog crankbait, green and white crainkbait, 1/2 oz craw jig
I also have these 2 1/2 curl tail grubs yellow and black flake, white
any adivce on what to fish would help alot, i only have acess to shore and usually fish sailboat cove and would like to stay close to there

P.A.W.
06-04-2012, 07:42 PM
This time of year I'd tie on that craw jig. Any lake. Fish are eating crawdads now. Bounce it sloooowly along the bottom. YMMV

fishermanx14
06-04-2012, 08:05 PM
thanks.....

Troutcz swimbait
06-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Try fishing those swimbaits weedless with a big wide gap hook,cut a slice in the belly.Wait untill the weeds are thick.

fishermanx14
06-05-2012, 03:03 PM
why do you cut a slit in the belly? horzontal or verticial?

FKNChristopH
06-05-2012, 03:14 PM
cutting a slit in the belly allows for the hook to sit nice and snug in the bait. The cut should be along the belly line.

Troutcz swimbait
06-05-2012, 04:13 PM
cutting a slit in the belly allows for the hook to sit nice and snug in the bait. The cut should be along the belly line.
Yuuuuup.........

Slick Rick
06-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Most of those items I personally would never use. Although I am sure they all catch fish at the right spot right time.

The shad cranks are fine... jigs are good (Purple is a good color for the pudd) and senkos in natural patterns.