PDA

View Full Version : "WFO" Bluegill Fishin with my Boy.... Friday 6-1-12

jw4Bassing
06-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Switched over to Bluegill fishing from Bass fishing for the last month or so and I have been having great success for the entire month of May catching these pesty little critters at Lake Perris. My boy had a day off from pre-school and I decided to take him along for a bluegill fishing bonanza trip. We got to the lake at about 0615 hrs after grabbing some muchies, drinks, and a bag of ice for the catch. We launched the boat and headed across the lake from the ramp and once I got to my destination, I put the trolling motor down and worked my way down the bank ever so slowly in search of the bigger volume schools of bluegills. After about 10 mins of search by casting micro jigs and bait, we found them and I decided to anchor in position so it will make it much easier for me and my boy to enjoy the next couple of hours of great fishing. He wanted to use his little micro "Cars" fishing outfit but it was not very efficient due to the length of the rod and not able to obtain great casting distance. So I told him he can use one of my UL combos. After about a few hours of fishing a couple of spots and the sun starting to beat down on us, we decided that it was time to wrap it up and call it a day since we have already caught our share of bluegills and we ended up releasing about twice the amount of what we kept. Overall, an outstanding fishing trip for both me and my son to experience together. He had lots of fun and now he is very thrill in catching all these bluegills and is very excited and can't wait to go out again. In the near future, I'm thinking of advancing him in challenging bass fishing.

Here are a few pictures from the trip:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/jw4bassing/securedownload-2.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/jw4bassing/securedownload1-1.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/jw4bassing/securedownload12-1.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/jw4bassing/securedownload2-1.jpg

Tight Lines......

JW

christainmetalhead909
06-03-2012, 01:22 PM
thanks for the report, looks like you 2 had a great time!!!! Nothing like a good fishing day with a father and son!

fishmounter
06-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Nice going with your son JW. I think I saw you there Friday morning. I was in my Float tube also fishing panfish.

Viejo
06-03-2012, 03:10 PM
"He had lots of fun and now he is very thrill in catching all these bluegills and is very excited and can't wait to go out again."

Never underestimate the power of you spending quality time like that with your kids! He's only in pre-school now but in a heartbeat, he'll be driving to the lake on his own. Your son will remember these times for the rest of his life....you'll remember them with a smile long after he's grown and with kids of his own.

Perris_holic
06-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Those are some nice fish. The perris bite is real nice right now.

jw4Bassing
06-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Nice going with your son JW. I think I saw you there Friday morning. I was in my Float tube also fishing panfish.

Thanks "FM"..... I'm not quite sure if you saw me or not because I never got real close to any float tubers when I was out there. Maybe one day we'll come across each other and I'll say "Hi".

jw4Bassing
06-03-2012, 06:26 PM
He's only in pre-school now but in a heartbeat, he'll be driving to the lake on his own.

Yeah, I just can see it coming. When he gets older and ready to drive, he'll probably be taking my truck and boat and head out every weekend. I will cherish this great moment in time with him forever as I have taken many memory photo shots of him so he can show them to his kids...... "Good Times".

Tight Lines.....

JW

cambofisher
06-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Great times with the kid. Those are nice gills.

Kelster
06-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Nice that you got to spend some fun time with your son.

M@M
06-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Great memories..... Nice fish!! Thanks for the great pics and report.