PDA

View Full Version : castaic tips

fishingboysdad
06-02-2012, 08:18 PM
going fishing with my son tomorrow.any good fishing spots? gonna rent a boat and fish with sardines.any tips would be appreciated

dkinla
06-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Hey I'm surprised that nobody has chimed in to give you some helpful tips. 88 views so far and nada?!

Anyways, if I had a boat or even knew something about boating in Castaic and where some productive spots might be... I'd help you out. I just basically fish from the shore/dam using nightcrawlers/sardines in the past... It's just hit or miss if the stripers are around.

If you want your son to have more chances catching something.. Maybe fishing the lower lagoon pier/area with nightcrawler/meal worms might be good for panfish/catfish?...

As for boating the upper... All I know is that fishing near the bouy line on the far west end is a popular spot from some of the old reports I've read in the past.

Maybe try searching the old posts here in the forum to get a little more info... Ask the guys at the rental place too before you head out...

Sorry I wish I could help more... But it seems like nobody out of the 88 other ppl who viewed your post so far can't help at all either. :Sad:

Anyways, I hope you got your son on some fish today... I'm sure you learned some stuff today that'll help you out next time...