PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for GVL?

Troutin Man
06-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Planning a day trip with son and don't want to disappoint. He would like to try Green Valley Lake. Does anyone have recommendations for location on the lake to fish? Would appreciate any advice I can get!

Matt44
06-02-2012, 06:10 PM
If its hot try and get there early iv had great luck either side of the dam in deeper water!

phishin phool
06-02-2012, 09:43 PM
PM sent.......

Troutin Man
06-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the advice!

Troutin Man
06-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Thank you for the advice! Wish you luck in your future fishing endeavors. Have you been up to Big Bear lately? I had luck at Metcalf Bay on my last trip. 2 to 3 pounders on Chartreuse Garlic about 20 feet down. Thanks again.

parkermann2
06-03-2012, 09:34 AM
make sure you bring Berkeley power worms I have been there when no one on the entire lake is catching anything and we limited on chartruse power worms

esteban1t
06-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Well i usually go once a week, and i would suggest renting a boat, row just right infront of the docks. Then, tie a split shot on your line and put orange powerbait on your treble hook, so it floats real close to the top. They usually go crazy for that. Power worms or mice tails are also good. If you want to catch tons of crappie, i would cast out a power worm next to the docks and reel it in SLOW with little twitches, they usually ATTACK the worm on the drop. Lastly, when fishing is slow, bring out the regular worms, cut them in half, thread them on your hook and inflate them , nightcrawlers NEVER fail. Well good luck and tight lines. Oh, and get there early, at around 7-8 thats when they are on the chew. :Fishing Hole:

Troutnut
06-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I've been there the last 2 weekends. Limited out both times. From opening till around 8 or so, they will bite pretty much anything! The singular best bait has been nightcrawlers for sure. I've caught fish on plastic power minnows, power bait, power bait's salmon eggs, regular salmon eggs, plastic frogs, etc. etc.! After the initial bites dies off, stick to nightcrawlers. Got bit on them all day. Good luck!

Troutin Man
06-05-2012, 10:51 PM
You guys are awesome with the advice. We'll try your suggestions. Thanks you guys!