PDA

View Full Version : 6-1-12 Better luck next time?

Slick Rick
06-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Hit the jewel for the first time in my new-to-me bass boat. It was more of a learning trip getting use to the new rig.

I tried cranking most the day but it's a unfamiliar technique for me as I have always been more of a finesse type fisherman. Practice will make perfect though... I shouldn't expect to have the best results with sub par presentation at best.

Water is looking good. My boat is white and it barely left anything on the hull. Took about 2 minutes to wipe clean. Reels, line, and rods all look great. Up to 8' vis in some locations.

I'll be back out there tomorrow practicing some more...

I appreciate all the reports and info being shared.

-Rick

JAG107
06-02-2012, 06:22 PM
grats on the new ride, thanks for the report! Good news about the water.

Slick Rick
06-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Partner backed out... . Open back deck if someone is on right now and wants to join me tomorrow.

I say open deck because I don't have a chair back there.

allIdoIsfish
06-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Congrats on the new boat Rick, hope to see you around pudd sometime.

PM you

donknoles
06-13-2012, 08:43 PM
A big congratulations on the new boat. You looked like a real pro at the bow. Although I think your daughter caught more fish. Now that you have that neat Champion, those bass won't have a chance. You are the "Van Dam" of the Jewel. I bet Matt just might approach you for a hint or two. Congratulations again Rick.

Slick Rick
06-13-2012, 09:39 PM
A big congratulations on the new boat. You looked like a real pro at the bow. Although I think your daughter caught more fish. Now that you have that neat Champion, those bass won't have a chance. You are the "Van Dam" of the Jewel. I bet Matt just might approach you for a hint or two. Congratulations again Rick.

Your too kind Don...

I'm going to keep at this lake and maybe one day I'll be able to repay the kindness and help new anglers the way guys like Matt and many others do here with everyone. The way you and Butch have helped me over the last couple years has been much appreciated as well. It's safe to say that the majority of the fish I've pulled from DVL have been using tips you guys share with me.

Needless to say, I wouldn't have this boat if it wasn't for you two...If you ever want to leave that ranger behind (I heard the new seat was bad luck? :LOL:), you and your brother are always welcome in my boat.

-Rick

blufinhker
06-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Sent you a PM